The Feast

Oki so this is my very first one shot. It probably sucks ass...... never mind that this story does suck ass. If you guys haven't read Robovacation's stories, I'd stop reading this and go read hers like RIGHT NOW. She has a beautiful way of thinking and her stories are always magnificent! BTW... the program that I type on has really shitty auto-correct, so if you see a misspelled word, please bring it to my attention so I can fix it. I would be very grateful! ^_^

(~)

"My feet hurt, the air is full of dust, and it smells like horse manure, this place is utterly disgusting! Why didn't we take the carriage Sebastian? What the bloody hell are we doing? And why in your right mind would you think it was OK to make me walk so far?!?" Walking down this horrid road feels like hell. I have no idea where I'm going, but from the dirt path and miles of forest around me, I'm guessing it leads to a small town.

"A carriage would make it obvious that you are a person of nobility, when what we need to do is blend in with the commoners Master."

Well that explains the rags Sebastian dressed me in. I still can't believe he made me wear this, I feel like a poverty induced idiot. God damn that stupid demon. We've been walking on this dirt road for what feels like hours before we come across a small village. So I was right... It is incredibly tiny, only a few hundred people could live here at most. I absolutely loath places like this, they are small, undeserving, and should be crushed. But then again they provide us nobles with food and other essentials so I guess I should stop complaining. Sebastian leans down by my ear, and whispers softly "You will have to eat every soul in the village and more to curve the craving your body is developing and begin the reincarnation process from fledgling to demon. Once you start feeding, do not stop until everyone is devoured. "Turning to look at Sebastian, who is too close for my comfort might I add, I compose my face to look expressionless. "Sebastian, how in hell do I.... eat it?...." Sebastian gives me a pointed look. "The soul I mean."

"Were you paying attention to me at all on the way here?" Annoyance is evident on his face. I should have expected this from him though, I mean I did ignore him for quite awhile. "I go to so much trouble to help you, but yet you completely ignore me just for the sake of your own amusement." Sebastian straightens his back and we continue to walk into town. "I guess, you're just going to have to use your instincts". Demanding is how I do things, why ask when you can just skip through all the polite crap and get to the point.

Looking at Sebastian with a look of annoyance purposely put on my face, I walk over to the only Inn in this small piece, of a soon to be hell. The building is small, two stories, but can only hold maybe 5 rooms at maximum. The entire building is made of wood, opposed to the brick buildings around it. Obviously this is an old building, maybe one of the first built when the town was founded. There are drab, molding curtains on the inside, and the sign designating this building as an Inn is in need of a new paint job. At least the owner has at least a sliver of sense, he strategically placed the sign outward from the door so street-walkers can easily see it. But I can tell, this is going to be a bothersome trip.

We walk through the wooden doorway and see a small receptionist at the......desk? As if you could call that cheap, shitty peace of wood a desk. Sebastian turns to the old...wrinkly... thing that runs the Inn. I let my mind wonder, I know Sebastian will take care of the arrangements. So why should I associate myself with this disgraceful being. Looking around the disgusting room I am forced to be staying in, I know what I'm supposed to do, but that is not the cause for the fluttery feeling in my stomach. I am wondering if I will have the will and strength to take away someone's life. To be able to destroy a living being makes me feel powerful, even though I am not even a full-fledged demon yet. But to destroy the thing my whole fa-.......... Stop. You are dwelling on the past you bumbling idiot. Dear lord will I ever get over the past? Can't I just forget it all? Well I'm almost certain after a few centuries, this will be nothing of importance.