Chapter 56: Moving On.

(time skip)

Eyes start to slowly peak open, I was staring at a white metal ceiling...Where the hell am I? I jolted up, I was.....Now I remember, I was in The Institute.

(Ash)- " Thank god. You're okay?" Ash was sitting right next to me, I was in a bed, a medical bed. I had tubes in my arms.....oh, it was so gross to look at.

(y/n)- " What happened?"

(Ash)- " You passed out. Doctor said you were malnourished..." he places his hands on my left hand.

(y/n)- " I feel good now, so can you please tell the Doctor to get these things out of me."

(Ash)- " We'll do.." he chuckles. There's the smile I missed. He gets up and talks to the doctor who was not to far. They both come back and the doctor start taking the needles out of my arm and patch me up. I didn't want to look at my arm, the thought of it just gives me chills.

(y/n)- " So....Shaun....The Institute..what's gonna happen now?" I asked him, his smile fades and his eyes were lowered.

(Ash)- " I don't know, he asked for us to join him here....In The Institute."

(y/n)- " Really? What did you say?"

(Ash)- " Just told him the truth....I don't know, I told him I would think about it-- you and I"

(y/n)- " Whoa...just think about it, being here....The Institute.The most feared place in the Commonwealth. I don't blame you for not knowing, I mean-- we have sort of a life in the Commonwealth." I chuckled a bit- trying to get him to laugh or smile again.

(Ash)- " Speaking of the Commonwealth....What the fuck is up with you and MacCready?" Oh shit...I almost forgot about him.

(y/n)- " Oh god, I don't know. He's just a whiny motherfucker..." I shield my face with my hands to cover the image trying to enter my mind of Maccready.

(Ash)- " A...Motherfucker you....love?"

(y/n)- " Aghhh.... So I love him big deal...I also hate him....He's been playing me this whole time."

(Ash)- " You guys hated each other....I go away for a while and I find you and him in bed, that's an image that not gonna go away for a while...gonna give me nightmares"

(y/n)- " Shut up" I laugh slapping his shoulder.

(Ash)- " Look, You're like a little sister to me-- I don't want you getting hurt from guys but you seem to have trouble with them..And MacCready, he may say some shit to you but I believe he's a good guy. From what you two have been doing...you helping him, him helping you-- He seems like an okay--may be a little sketchy when it comes to women but...He's been a lone for while, he doesn't know how to handle it." Handle what? Women?

(y/n)- " What're you saying Ash?"

(Ash)- " I'm just saying....You two should make up already, it's painful watching you two ignore each other." He stands up form the chair and fixes his hair. Ugh... I don't know, but the words he said to me is still in my ears.

(y/n)- " When can we go back?"

(Ash)- " We can go back now-- one of the scientists here messed with my pipboy, so I can teleport here and back"

(y/n)- " Lucky you....wish I had something cool" I muttered. I got out of bed slowly trying not to overdue my body. I stood next to Ash, who was on his pipboy ready to teleport back to the airport.

(Ash)- " Ready?"

(Y/n)- " Ready."

A bright blue, white flash overpowers my ability to see. I close them and when I opened we were back on commonwealth ground.I can feel the wind on my skin, I shield my eyes from the bright sun shining down, god turn the sun down.  I didn't think we've been gone for so long...it's been a day.