Your Choice

Your P.O.V.

Lethargic and sated. That's how you described how you felt right now. And completely happy, even though you were still lying on the floor of Jensen's master bedroom, and not on the bed. Understanding the reasoning behind Jensen's decision, you couldn't wait until you went shopping and found him a new bed. It seemed like he had fought a lot of inner demons today, and you had a feeling he would now be staying in his own house when he came back to Texas. And hopefully, you would be staying there with him.

A huge smile on your face, you waited for Jensen to return back to the room, your stomach rumbling at the thought. But when the minutes passed and he didn't return you started to grow worried. Wrapping the blanket around yourself, you walked out of the room, surprised when you heard voices down below. Thinking that maybe Jared had showed up, you were ready to go back in the room, when you heard the unfamiliar female voice. 

Your curiosity getting the better of you, your pale feet were quiet on the wooden stairs as you made your way down. Inching around the corner, you found Jensen talking to a beautiful woman. A woman you quickly realized was Danneel, Jensen's ex wife. Staying quiet, you listened in to their conversation.

"Dee, I've already asked you, what are you doing here? You gave up the house when we got divorced." Jensen was saying, annoyance evident in his voice. His shoulders were set straight, his feet wide apart, his stance portraying the fact that he was the rightful owner of this place. That he wasn't going to be taking any of her crap.

"I know I did." She said, and you watched as she walked closer to him, running her hands along his chest. It frustrated you when he didn't move away, when he let her hands rest on him. On his chest that you had just been running your hands against. "But when I heard you were back in Texas, I just had to come see you. You haven't been returning my calls."

She looked up then, towards the stairs and you reeled back, throwing your body lightly against the wall, trying to stay out of view. She must not have seen you, as she continued on. "I've missed you so much Jensen. Can't we please head upstairs, and...talk?"

Your heart racing, you thought carefully about her words. Jensen had never mentioned that Danneel had contacted him. That fact didn't bug you that much. It was the fact that Danneel was beautiful, so much more so than you, and Jensen had been in love with her first. How could you, a scroungy make up artist with an abusive ex, play the same field as her? With tears in your eyes, you made your way back up the stairs, planning on getting dressed and giving Jensen a chance to talk to his ex, without having to worry about you.

Slipping on your clothes, you surveyed his room, your gaze landing on the picture on the side of the bed. Picking it up, you sniffled at the beautiful picture of the two of them, staring at each other with the words I love you written on the wall between them. You could see the love in their eyes, and you didn't want to be the one to get in the way of that. With a sniffle, you held your shoes in your hands, and made your way down the other set of stairs, towards the back door. Slipping outside, you slid your shoes on, before finding your way to the gate. Letting the tears stream down, you began the slow trek back to Jared's house, exhaustion making your footsteps slow and heavy. 

Once you arrived, you quietly knocked on the door, grateful when it was Gen who opened the door. "Y/N!" She exclaimed, before taking in the tears staining your cheeks. "What is it? Is Jensen okay?"

"I think so. He was when I left him there." You whispered, as Gen pulled you in. Guiding you passed a curious Jared, she brought you into the dining room, before placing a small glass of whiskey in front of you.

"What happened? Things were so good between the two of you earlier today." Gen asked, her hands reaching forward, lacing with yours. Jared was leaning against the door frame, waiting to hear what was up with his friend.

"Things were going amazingly well." You started. "He showed me his place, we, uh, we had some fun. Then he went down to get the food, and when he didn't come back I went to check on him. I heard voices, and found him talking to a beautiful woman. I recognized Danneel immediately, and her and Jensen were getting pretty friendly. It made me realize I could never compete with a woman like her, so I left."

"So, you don't know if Jensen threw her out or not?" Jared asked from the door, sticking up for his friend and you didn't blame him.

Shaking your head, you peered up at Gen, wanting her to understand. "I wanted to get out of there, give them the chance to talk. I saw the pictures, I noticed how deeply in love they used to be. And I don't want to be the one in the middle of that. Who am I  to try to take Jensen away from her? If he wants it, they deserve another chance, and I don't want to be the reason he says no."

"Y/N, Jensen is done with Danneel. He loves you." Gen tried explaining, but you were tired, and in your heart you knew you had done the right thing. You loved Jensen, and if this was how you were supposed to show that love, then a little heart break would be worth it.

"He might love me. But he loved her first. But now, if you'll excuse me, I'm exhausted. I'm heading up to bed, then I can find a flight out first thing in the morning." Giving Gen a hug, you left the both of them standing there, watching you as you slowly climbed the stairs to your bedroom.

Seeing Jensen's clothes lying there, brought around another set of tears. Changing out of your jeans, you indulged yourself by grabbing one of his shirts, slipping it over your head, inhaling his unique scent. Wrapping your arms around yourself, you cuddled deep into bed, letting your tears lull you to sleep.