Chapter 2: Enter the danger

Serene's POV 

...I must be stupid...

why would i like a man i never even met before?

Anyways...Its been going on since i was still a kid, around after my sister was killed, til i was my present age, all this time we had been writing each other, now mind you i was still young and irritably naive despite everything that had happened...

But we wrote all the time, about lots of things...and one of the best parts: was my mother never suspected anything cause the letters came in hidden places where only i would ever look, i never thought too much on how he knew where i lived in the first place...but I kept quiet about it, but now and then my mother would catch me day dreaming, being anxious, or at meal times i would poke at my food or when playing by myself in the parks i would gaze out into the distance...

i would always tell mom it was nothing, so she didn't push it, thank goodness, but she would poke in my room seeing me write down things on the paper rather fast and always seeing a cheerful smile on my face, something she never saw too much of. 

So she assumed i had a crush on someone and thought it was Casey, cause we were always hanging out together. we had returned to New York by then. I didn't want to say to her that we are only friends cause i wanted to spare myself irritating questions.

So here's where things start to shift with this guy: We may have talked for years about everything...or what i thought was everything...but i would somehow be thinking that there was something missing...that there was more to him than what he had told me...soon i began to become more anxious, to know what he looked like, and he soon wrote to me in a letter one day as if he read my mind that he would like me to come meet him in a few days. i was excited about that so much

But...

As always something has to unexpectedly happen to me: i got kidnapped by these robots called Kraang, and i was mutated into a snow leopard,

and then I met mutated turtles and their rat father as well that day and to my surprise Casey knew them! Casey took the chance to tell my mother what had happened to me and she thanked him, but when i got home, nothing seemed to change, i just locked myself in my room and sat in the dark, looking at myself, my new tail was the longest and bushy -est thing ever, but in a way i kinda liked my new look... most people would hide in fear and want a cure, but me? i didn't want nothing of it. But....I couldn't think about anything else but...him...what would my pen pal think of a mutated freak? 

Guess i would have to find out in person...and when the last letter came, it had a picture of a park, i recognized it almost immediately and at the first chance, i slipped out of the house, it was 11 pm but i didn't care, i had to put my nerves to rest. I was careful to avoid the main streets of people and cars, for obvious reasons, i was a mutated cat!  

When I arrived to a abandoned ally way and passed under the bridge, where the train had passed over, i looked around for any people, and once I set foot inside of the park a uneasy feeling started to nag me, maybe it was the trees dancing in the wind all around me or just the dark shadows...

(thats enough of description style) ' ' single quotes mean thinking!!

Normal POV

Serene felt a chill go up her arms and she stopped in her tracks 

'Yeah this was a bad idea...but...i want to see him' she thought, how stupid of her to think this way of a stranger...she may have been older now, but still had a bit of her innocent naivety

But... 

he technically wasn't a stranger...more like my-- 

-SNAP-