Tips For Using Superfoods to Control the Symptoms of Diabetes

The official position of modern medicine is that diabetes cannot be cured. That doesn't mean, however, that it's symptoms cannot be managed. This can be done in several ways, including medication, changes in lifestyle and a better diet. Many people choose to add superfoods to their diet, which has been shown to help your illness, and the way that you deal with. Now let's look at some of the more well known superfoods that have shown promise in regard to diabetes and treating this condition.

People that have diabetes should have an assortment of nuts in their diet every day. Do you like almonds? If so, you should also know that they are high in protein and healthy fats that you need. They have a low glycemic index (GI), which is important for regulating your blood sugar. You can eat these with your regular meals, lowering the GI load of the entire meal, just by supplementing in a few almonds. Fatty acids in the nuts actually help to reverse insulin resistance, something that all diabetics suffer with. The fiber and magnesium in nuts also helps with blood sugar regulation. You really shouldn't eat nuts in large quantities, however, because they are higher in calories, especially if you're watching your weight.

If you like to eat berries, or other fruit, these are superfoods that you can't go wrong with. Anyone that suffers with diabetes understands that having high-fiber in your diet is important. It's also good to lower your LDL cholesterol and regulate your blood sugar using superfoods like this. Having fresh fruit is much better for a diabetic instead of fruit juices, so keep that in mind. The processing of the juice actually causes more sugar and calories to be part of the liquid, so even if you don't add sugar, fresh fruit is, by far, the better choice. Many people like to eat blueberries. You should also try an assortment of melons like honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon if possible. See [http://www.inhousepharmacyreviews.com this]

Tea is a very potent superfood that has a wide range of benefits. You can drink tea by the cup or take it in capsule form; either way, it packs a powerful punch when it comes to antioxidants and other nutrients. While green tea is very healthy, as is black, white tea is the kind that contains the most antioxidants. What makes white tea different is that it comes from the tea plant's young buds which are especially high in antioxidants. You can still get many health benefits from black or green tea, of course, but white is another type worth trying. To gain the maximum benefits from tea, such as controlling your blood sugar, you should drink it without adding sugar to it. Commercial brands of iced tea, for example, are usually quite high in sugar.

Nutrition can make a big difference when it comes to controlling diabetes. There are also other aspects of your life that should be managed, in addition to your diet. Exercise also helps you maintain blood sugar levels and reducing stress is another relevant issue. Your doctor can help you keep track of the progress you're making and you may still need certain medications. It's always a challenge to manage diabetes, but eating more superfoods is something that can help.