Heart Beats Once Again

So this one may not be smexy smexy, but i hope it's to your liking xD Vote and comment, please. Let me know if you're liking the one-shots ^^

P.S: I felt that the song goes well with the story, so yea lol sorry if you don't like Miley Cyrus >.< it's a nice song though, so check it out ----->

~Shals

~

Heart Beats Once Again

“Dear beloved, we are gathered here today to join Mike Andrews and Samantha Montgomery in holy matrimony…”

Parker swallows the painful lump that formed in his throat as the Reverend begins the ceremony. He pulls at his tie; trying to loosen it a bit. The tux feels as if it’s suffocating him. Parker clears his throat and blinks away the tears that prick his eyes. He wants nothing more than to curl on the floor and disappear, but his best friend and sister are getting married. His best friend, Parker’s lips curl into a smile that disappears as soon as it’s registered. The man he loves is up in the altar joining his life to the woman he loves. Parker swallows once again and stands straight. He’ll be the man people expect him to be and stand by his friend’s side, no matter how much he wants to run away.

The reverend reads various passages from the bible, and Parker does his best to smile for their sake. His little sister is marrying his best friend, he loves them both more than anything so the least he can do is smile and push his emotions to the back of his mind. Parker clutches his chest as if trying to stop his heart from breaking, but it’s futile. It’s as if he can hear his heart break piece by piece as he looks at Mike, who’s smiling at Samantha and looking at her with so much love. Parker feels his heart beat once, twice, and three times. The beats were so faint that Parker was sure that he was dying inside.

Tears prick the corner of Parker’s eyes as he tries his best to make his mind go blank and focus on the ceremony. He looks at his sister and his chest expands as he sees her beaming smile. Samantha is practically glowing as she stares adoringly into Mike’s sparkling green eyes, and for a moment Parker is grateful that his little sister found the best man to marry and live her life happily.

Parker and Mike had been friends since the day Mike moved to the house across from the Montgomery’s. It was an instant friendship between them two, and Samantha tagged a long with them from time to time. Parker is older than Samantha by three years, and Mike was older than Parker by a year. All three of them were close, but Mike and Samantha grew even closer one summer when Parker was away for Soccer Camp. It was difficult to see them grow closer together as time went on, doing things without him, holding hands, kissing each other’s lips.

Unable to bear being near them when he knew that they were being intimate, Parker moved into the dorms at his college in his freshman year. He needed to escape the secret wants and desires he had for his best friend. Mike had decided to commute from college and his house, so Parker saw less and less of him. He tired to make himself forget, to make his feelings go away, but as the gap between them got bigger Parker realized that his desires grew as well. He tried dating girls, but it felt wrong every time he kissed a girl. Parker dated a few guys, but it never got further than a fling.

Parker thought that by separating himself from Mike that his feelings would go away. He wasn’t counting on the fact that the separation was hurting Mike too. At first Parker thought that Mike felt the same way, but later he realized that the pain Mike felt was of losing his best friend and nothing else. Parker went back home and apologized for the way he was acting and that’s when it happened. Mike and Samantha told him about their engagement. He congratulated them like any normal best friend and brother should, even though inside his heart had stopped beating.