Single Tear

"Hey" billy said in a soothing manner as he proceeded towards me knowing that if he made any sudden movements or sounds he would lose me further into the pit of darkness I was currently battling so hard to escape from.

He slowly sat behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. I flinched away from his touch instantly regretting my actions.

"Sorry" he said I could sense his eyes filling with guilt.

"D-don't b-be its n-not your Fault" I merely stuttered as I moved away.

I turned to face him taking in every little detail, such as the small scar situated just under his left eyebrow from that time he fell out of a tree when we were playing together. The biggest scar he carried was the one HE made the one who ruined lives. He tried to hide the damage done but you could see it in his eyes the demons and the torture.

We remained in a comfortable silence until kay and John called us down (they were kind of like our temporary foster parents. They would look after us until we were well enough to go home; it was the step between the mental hospital and home.)

I saw the instant dread fill Billy's. He tried to not let It show, willing himself to stay strong for me. He has been hospitalised twice before. He seemed to be doing better though but this is how he has always been before a relapse I his condition.

I must have blanked out because the next thing I remember is waking up in the back of an ambulance. Billy's hand placed in my own, I looked over as a single tear made its way down his cheek. A sharp pain entered my arm and I blacked out again seconds later.

*************************

Next chapter will be in Billy's point of view ;)