The Festival

After spending the night at some crazy bar filled with drunken fat people and illegal traders, she was glad that was over. She liked booze, but the way it reeked through sweat and dirt made her want to vomit as soon as she stepped foot into the bar. Luckily, her charm earned her a free room to sleep in with enough privacy, but the reeking stench was still there. 

Who was she to complain? That's all she could ever afford anyway. 

Serpentine covered her face with her robe, and made her way through the cheap market to find decent clothing for the festival. 

She gazed upon a few clothes for the festival: dresses, harem pants, and the clothing that usually most belly dancers wore. She stopped in front of a stall, flipping a 5 gold coin in a fancy way, leaning her hands to the wood divider. 

"What can I get for 5 gold?" This honestly was the stupidest question she'd ever ask. Looking at every single thing she sells, none of these were even half of what she had. 

The female merchant raised her eyebrows. "I'm sorry, but are you serious?" 

Serpentine sighed. "A little. Look, I need to get to that festival. Any stores here that accepts five gold?" 

The merchant just shook her head, confused. "Ugh, fine," The young woman groaned. "I'll just snatch some from someone." She watched the other girl sigh and leave with her little gold piece worth 5. 'Is she serious? Or okay?' The merchant thought, and shook her head to proceed to work. 

----

"What the hell happened here?" The silver haired general scanned the horrible scene. A large group of thugs all bruised black and blue, unable to move. 

Masrur walked forward, all intimidated by the fanalis general. Sure, these thugs were wanted; committing crimes every single day probably, and even worse. Here they were, all huddled up in one long dark alleyway, praying they would come and fetch them. 

Seeing all of the group beaten up was alarming. Scary, even. There were loads of them. Sure, Masrur could've beaten them within seconds as well. A fanalis, maybe? No, there was no way a fanalis would be near here, except Morgiana. Still, thoughts continued to stir in his head as he approaches the nearest person he could find. 

The male fanalis bent his knee, and asked the nearest thug. "Who did this to you?" 

The paralyzed man coughed. "One..." 

Ja'far ran near Masrur, and listened as well. "Hey--" The man forced himself to speak, glancing at Ja'far. "You kinda looked like her." 

The general's eyes opened wide in shock. "What? What do you mean?" 

"Ja'far." Masrur spoke, Ja'far quickly meeting his eyes. "We should take this to the palace and discuss. It's no use speaking to them when they aren't fully healed." He stood up, followed by a confused Ja'far. "i'll get the other men to assist you." He mumbled, the number of questions running through his head. Ja'far then swiftly made his way back to the castle to inform the king.

----

The sun finally sets, and as twilight proceeds, lanterns are already set and festive banners are being hung. Torches are lit  and stalls are being prepared for the second Maharagan festival of the month. 

Sinbad decides to make it extra special-- he himself directing the decoration of the festival, and what events shall occur. 

"All right then," Sinbad declares. "Hang those banners across that stall over there." 

"Sin!!" Sinbad immediately turns to where the sound comes from, and spots a running frantic Ja'far.  "Ja'far, what in the--"

His head bumps into Sinbad's broad chest, and god did that hurt. This was a reminder not to run too fast especially when near the object you are running towards to. The purple haired king laughed. 

"Aren't you just like a kid!" Yelled Sinbad, his hands in his stomach trying to hold in his laughter. 

Meanwhile, Ja'far, adjusting his headwear, was not too happy about it. "A kid that can and will kill you." Sinbad watched him pout, but later on, they both couldn't help but laugh. 

Ja'far completely forgot about the situation and why he was there in the first place. 

----

The sun finally falls, and no trace of orange light was seen. Instead, stars climb to the sky, illuminating Sindria as swell. 

This was her chance-- to finally get inside the castle and do what she needs to do. 

She scanned among the hude crowd, and since she wasn't able to find a decent attire for the festival, she had to snatch it from a woman. Not the best plan, but what could a 5 gold coin get? If she kidnaps someone and threats them for money, she would be wanted in a second. 

She sighed, covering her face with her robe, and finding a person with decent clothing-- and maybe the same bust size as her. 

It took her a while to find the perfect attire for her, and when she did, she seized the girl, covering her mouth enough to keep her silent and unable to utter a single noise, and leads her to an alleyway. 

"Sorry about this." She whispers, the girl washed up with fear. "We'll just swap clothes."

----

"Come on Ja'far, drink!" Sharrkan shoved the glass wine up his closed mouth, refusing to drink the substance the general was offering him. Sharrkan's tan face became red in just a matter of minutes, and after gulping down a whole bottle of gin. 

"I know you're having so much fun today, Sharrkan. But you know I can't handle alcohol!" 

"Nah, you're just being a widdle whiny baby-- hic--" 

"I'm not a baby. God I'm glad i'm this patient--" 

Ja'far groaned, shoving the other general as away from his face as possible. He couldn't handle that the general was reeking with strong gin and booze he wanted to vomit. There was no use talking to anyone. Yamraiah and Pisti, both two girls, were as drunk as the swordsman. Hinahoho and Drakon were out somewhere eating all they were offered. Masrur volunteers and serves to be a watcher over the even to ensure nothing goes wrong, and Ja'far thinks that's just his excuse to not be with the drunken generals, and maybe find a girl of his own (though he has wives and children). 

Sinbad, however, was not here. 

He was walking around the festival, watching the women dance, gazing upon the others glomping down their food, and just enjoying the atmosphere in general. 

"King Sinbad, why are you not with your fellow generals?" A nearby merchant asked. 

Sinbad shrugged, accompanied with a warm smile. "All these years of Maharagan I've spent it drinking. This time, I wan't to feel the atmosphere. I want to see all the people dancing to their own beat of the drum. Which ever they prefer." 

He glanced around, to find someone lurking around. "Ja'far?" He mumbled, before making a move and following the familiar. Odd, he thought. Ja'far was supposed to be with the generals. He disliked crowds like this. 

"Ja'far!" He called again, but the figure kept avoiding. 

Finally, the crowd cleared, and Sinbad grasped the figure's unfamiliar wrist and saw...

"You're not..." 

Serpentine's scarlet eyes narrowed, filled with spite and anger. "Sinbad." 

She flicked her wrist off of his grasp. "And I'm not your stupid little general." 

"Pardon me," Sinbad said. "You looked really similar to him. And even now, you share quite the few resemblances. Excluding of course, your eye color and gender. Wow, if Ja'far was a female like you, I wouldn't mind playing with him here and there..." 

"You creep!" grunted the silver haired, triggered to the point where she was on the edge of activating her weapons. Insulting her, and harassing the siblings just like that? 

"Wait! Honestly, I have no idea why I said that." Sinbad furrowed his brows, rubbing his neck. "That sounded like I wanted to sleep with Ja'far..." He coughed. "Let's start fresh, shall we?" 

Serpentine didn't like the idea, but this may be a convenient way of getting to her desired plans: wiping out the generals and him himself to retrieve his brother and place him back where they belong. 

She forced herself to be entranced to his charms. "Very well." She nods, inching close to him. 

Sinbad gave off a content smirk. "I'm Sinbad."

"Serpentine." replied the woman.