Wattpad Help: Top 5 FAQ's

What Is Wattpad?

I wont go into exactly everything Wattpad is, and what it's capable of because I have already written an article on that. In a nutshell, Wattpad is an online community of readers and writers.

How Do I Upload a Story?

1.)Log in to Wattpad.

2.)Click on 'Upload' in the menu.

This option is found at the Wattpad website, on every page. Its right under the search bar, next to the 'mobile' option.

3.)Click on 'Start a New Story' and follow the prompts.

How Do I Upload a Cover For My Wattpad Story?

1. Make sure the file is in GIF or JPEG format

2. Log into your account and go to "My Works" which is located in the drop down menu when you click on your user name at the top of the page.

3. Beside your saved story, there's a link on the right side that says "Cover" and then you simply add your book's cover.

4. If after a few minutes, the cover is still loading, simply refresh the page. The cover should appear.

(I have already written a list on how to create a Wattpad book cover, check it out! Link below!)

How Do I Add Friends?

On Wattpad you "Become a Fan" of an author. To become an author's friend (or just a person you know), search for or click on the username of that persona and follow it to their profile page. Once on their profile page, there are 2 options.

1.) Click the "Become a Fan" link under their profile picture.

2.) Look at the top of their profile page at the top right, and click "Become a Fan".

There's also the option on the page of a person's story... should they have created one.

How Do I Make a Book Cover?

As stated above, I have created a chapter for this exact topic, so if you wanted to, check out the Wattpad Help: How to Create a Book Cover in 5 Steps at the bottom to find that list. You can also search for it on the site, or just go to my user profile here on Wattpad and find it under my stories!