Sleep paralysis

I woke up feeling light. 

I was facing the wall and opened my eyes looking at it. But it was odd, the color had changed. 

It was usually pink, yeah I know, girly color you'll say. But this time, it was white. It wasn't a clean white, it was like those first coat of paint you put over the old colors when you do renovations... anyway, that's not the point. For some reason I wasn't weirded out by this, I actually thought it was great, considering I hated that ugly pink wall. I rolled on to my back and looked around, everything was white. By then I was starting to think straight and I realized I was not in my room. The shape of the room was the same, but the walls were white, the window had a different curtain, and there was neon lights instead of my usual lightbulb. And the one detail that shocked me the most was the emptyness of the room, there was only my bed in the middle of this white room. It sort of felt like a hospital room, it felt sick. 

I sat up, but an invisible force suddenly pushed me right back in the bed. I tried keeping calm, I had always known there was something in my house, some sort of spirit, but I was truly panicking. I looked down toward the window and I saw the curtain violently open by themself, letting in a dazzling light, blinding me and burning my eyes. 

But I wouldn't scream. Not yet. 

The blankets of my bed were pressing against me and trying to cover my face but I managed to push them away, realising just then I was paralyzed from the rest of my body. I looked around me, thinking there was someone doing all this, but the room was empty and the person was invisible and I knew it. But I still wanted to see its face. My view started to blur from the left eye, and I panicked even more trying to force it to see but it sent horrible shock of pain in my head. 

I looked up to the ceiling, it was burning but with no visible flames. A black burning mark was growing at the center and the ceiling was crakling and starting to fall into pieces. 

I knew by then nothing was real. 

I was dreaming. 

I was stuck in my mind and I couldn't wake up...

I was dying.

No, not yet. I couldn't die. It was not time. thoughts for my friends were rushing through my brain. Thoughts for my family, and thoughts for the one I fell in love with just so recently. I needed to wake up for them, but especially for me because I needed them. 

I thought maybe someone was still home, in the "awake world". Maybe my mom was not gone for work yet. I could try calling her so she would wake me up. I tried calling her, but I chocked on my own voice. I tried screaming, but it didn't work. But I kept trying over and over again. 

I felt like it was over now, like I would never get out of this torture. 

Maybe it was hell, I thought. 

I closed my eyes, sighed. 

I prayed. 

I asked god to save me. 

(wrote by a friend)