Chapter 6

Allison and I step through the double doors of the schools for the second time today. The first time was when we first arrived for school this morning and just now, I forced Allison to go back to the car with me because I forgot my phone. I was going insane for not having my phone on me for three of my classes. I told Danny that I didn't have my phone on me, so he thought it would be funny to blow my phone up with a bunch of random texts.

"You know what I've always wanted to do?" I ask Allison, pushing past a group of seniors.

"What?" Allison says once we meet back up in the middle of the hallway.

"You know how in those high school movies, the popular girls always strut through the hallways with their heads up high and it's like they are walking in slow motion?" I ask as we draw closer to our lockers. "I want to do that."

Allison grimaces at my smile directed towards her. "I'm not doing that."

I stick my bottom lip out. "Why not?"

"Because we'll look ridiculous!" Allison hugs her books to her chest.

"Let's just do it until we get to our lockers." I plead. "Our hair will be all bouncy and people will turn to look at us in awe. Not many people are in the halls. Let's do it."

"No."

I stop walking and grab her arm. "You have to. I won the race." I remind her, smirking.

Allison's face drops. "You're going to use that now?"

I release her arm. "Yes. I had another idea, but I really want to do this, no matter how lame it will be."

"Why not just ask Lydia?"

"Because your my sister and it will be like the dynamic duo strutting through the halls."

Allison gives me a weird look. "What movie did you watch last night that gave you this idea?"

"Mean Girls." I state like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "But, if you push me into a trash, we are going to have some serious problems."

Allison sighs, running a hand through her hair. "You're not going to let this go until I do it, are you?" I shake my head. "Alright. Let's do this. I don't understand the reasoning for this, but when do I ever completely understand something you do?"

I clap my hands, excitedly. "Alright. So, we are going to start with our right foot first. On the count of three. One, two, three."

Simultaneously, we begin walking down the halls with our chins high, hair sort of bouncing, and we are actually walking kind of slow. I'm not quite sure why I wanted to do this, it just looked like a lot of fun in the movies. Everyone normally turns to stare at you, and there is always that one guy that stares for too long and gets slapped by his girlfriend. Sadly, no one turned to look at us, not even a tiny glimpse. They were too focused on their friends or lockers.

"Could you walk any slower?" A girl snaps behind us.

I whip around to see an angry looking freshman. "What?"

"This isn't a runway, if you want to be a model then go audition, but don't do it in the middle of the hallway." She barks and slams into my shoulder, storming away.

"She-"

Allison bursts out laughing and spins the combination to her locker. "She looked so mad."

I switch my books to my left arm to open my own locker. "That was just rude. She could have used some manners instead being rude about it." I lift up on the handle.