Chapter Nine

A/N: Carly's outfit is in the external link :)

Carly's P.O.V.

After being at the beach the whole morning with Christine and Jenna a shower was the first thing I felt like doing as I headed up to my room. I tossed my beach towel and stripped off my bikini before tossing them both into the laundry bin. I looked at the clock on my night stand not knowing what time it was. 12:15pm. That means the boys should be done at the studio by now and I could see if Cal wanted to come over. Ehh whatever, I can do that later. Right now, a shower sounded more tempting. Deciding on having the shower first, I grabbed a fresh, non-sandy towel and turned on some music. I started the shower, letting it warm up a bit before stepping in.

As I showered I sang along to whichever song came on. I was halfway through putting my shampoo when I heard Voodoo Doll come on. Naturally, since it was my favourite 5SOS song, I sang every word and I sang those words loudly. When it came to my favourite part of the chorus where Calum sings “And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest, and I'm having trouble catching my breath” it seemed as if he was right there in the bathroom singing it to me.

Confused and with a head full of shampoo, I peaked my head out from behind the shower curtain to find Cal sitting on the counter beside the sink smiling widely at me.

“I like the hair. Shampoo bubbles are a good look on you.” He joked.

I stuck my tongue out at him then asked “As much as I liked your singing, why are you in my bathroom and how long have you been in here?”

“I came to visit you and I came in about halfway through your rendition of U.N.I. By Ed Sheeran.” He said after chuckling.

I slapped a hand to my face and groaned as I realized that meant he had been in here a solid 5 minutes.

“You could have made you presence known a bit sooner you know.” I stated matter of factually.

Cal put on a face of mock disbelief and said “What, and miss out on your singing?! Never!”

I just laughed as I brought my head in the shower and under the steady stream of water again then said “Go wait downstairs ya goof. I'll finish up and then I'll be right down.”

I heard his feet hit the floor as he jumped off the counter along with Calum's voice saying “Next time you have a shower let me know in advance so I can join okay?”

I peaked out of shower curtain again, looking at Cal with an eyebrow raised.

He put his hands up in defence while smiling cheekily at me then said “Just a suggestion!”

I rolled my eyes and returned to my shower. Once I was done I put on a pair of light blue bleached ripped jean shorts along with a grey and white striped knit shirt that had 3/4 length sleeves and buttons down the back. I put on mascara and eyeliner then combed my hair before heading downstairs.

I found Calum and my dad talking and laughing together in the living room.

As I was walking into the room I heard Calum ask “So I can tell her then?”

“Tell me what?” I said as I walked over to the love seat Calum was on and sat down next to him. I smiled up at him as he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his side a bit more.

Calum's P.O.V.

“Tell me what?” I heard Carly ask.