Surprise!

It felt like I had only just closed my eyes when I was woken up by the sound of a tiny cry. I sat up and looked over to the cot and saw Nath feeding Oliver. “Go back to sleep, I’ve got this” he said, “You sure?” I asked, “Positive” he grinned. I nodded and laid back down, only just realising Nath was now topless. I blushed and pulled the cover up, falling back asleep.

The next two days were the exact same as yesterday and were incredibly boring so as soon as the nurse gave us the ‘all-clear’ to go home, I was over the moon. Nath signed all the necessary forms as I dressed Oliver in his new baby-grow and hat and rocking him in my arms for a bit. “We can go now” Nath smiled, “Yay!” I grinned and placed Oliver in his car seat. Nath picked the seat up in one arm and took my hand in the other.

We got to the car and Nath put Oliver in the back whilst I slid in the front where he soon joined me and we set off. “Nath?” I asked, “Yeah?” “Can I ask you something” I asked hesitantly, “Sure” he smiled and put his free hand on my leg where I put my hand on top. “Why did you kiss me earlier? And why did you tell Dionne you loved me?” I asked, “Because I do” he said simply, “Y-you love me?” I asked, “I think I have for a while” he smiled, “I love you too” I smiled and his face lit up like I have never seen before.

“One other question” I said, “Yeah?” “Where are we going to put Oliver? We don’t have a bedroom or anything” I said, “You’ll see” he grinned.

We sat in silence for another 10 minutes before we pulled up outside a block of flats that I didn’t recognise apart from the fact that they were just down the road from our houses. “Why are we here?” I asked as Nath got out of the car and headed to the back, “It’s our new home” he grinned, “W-what?” I asked, climbing out. “It’s our new home, come have a look” he grinned as he shut the car door with Oliver in his car seat on his arm. He reached his hand out and took mine in his as he lead us up to the top floor and up to number 8. He handed Oliver over to me and got a key out of his pocket, turning it in the lock and swinging the door open, “SURPRISE!”