The Butterfly Effect

Jamie's~ POV

So, my idiot father decided it would be a great idea to send me to this "camp," over the summer. And, to make it worse, he's sending me there with his boss's daughter, Kara, my opposite in and out. Oh and don't forget about her oh so amazing boyfriend. Gag me please.

Kara's the stereotypical cheerleader type, with her platinum blonde hair, striking blue eyes, a slim build, straight A's, and the popularity that many girls crave. Unlike me, Jamie Dutton, who has the dull brown hair, dark green eyes, small, lanky build, low grades, a sarcastic attitude, and easily forgotten.

So anyways this is how it starts:

As I walk down the wooden stairs I hear my dad call my name. "Jamie, come here please," I can sense that his tone is serious

. I continue my way into our modern living room decorated with a medium brown suede couch, a big family flatscreen TV on the wall, a beautiful stone fireplace, perfect for roasting marshmallows in, and a few old pictures of our family and friends.

 "Hey dad, 'sup?" I say casually. Then I see my dad's boss, "Oh, hello Mr. Reyes." I greet him smoothly

"Jamie, how many times do I have to tell you it's Micheal?" Micheal says with a smile.

 I grin back at him and turn to my dad, "You called me?"

 My dad shoots me a look before talking, "Yes, do you remember Micheal's daughter Kara?"

"Uhh yeah, I think I've seen her around school before."

Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies. How could I not know Kara, she's basically the ruler of the school, the one boys would give there left nut for . She's also pretty fucking evil if you ask me. Poor Johnny has been doing her english papers since the seventh grade. All she can do in return and give him a wink and a kiss on the cheek. Not to mention even though she's dating Todd she still manages to get away with sleeping with the entire football team.IT's either he's too stupid to notice or he just doesn’t give a shit.

My dad smiles. "Good, because Micheal has offered me something I know you'll love." Ok, now i'm intrigued. Mr. Reyes is ballin' in dough. Maybe I'll get that new phone or something in exchange for like, I dunno...

"Continue," I say, and my dad rolls his eyes. I know I'm being rude but I got it play It causal. Try not to get to excited and get my hopes up.

"Micheal has offered you two free months.... ,” he stopped leaving a dramatic pause. “IN CALIFORNIA."

"Oh cool," I try to say cooly.Two full months across the country away from my family? OMGGEE YESSS!!! I've been bound so tightly by my parents for my entire life. It's always been school this and school that. Everyone expects so much of me and my grades still suck.

"What makes it even better..." My dad was seriously getting me jittery. What could be any better? I grew excited, and bounced in my seat anxiously.

"Is that you'll be able to spend it with Kara! Isn't that great?” Micheal asked me excitedly. Did you hear that? That popping sound? That was my ego exploding. And then just when I thought things couldn't get any worse my dad had to add... "Oh and one more thing, her boyfriend Todd has been invited as well, but don't worry about him. Honey, I bet you can't wait! It's in a beautiful camp called "Camp Linitoukia.”

“ Don't worry about cost, everything will be paid for, including food, transportation, and anything else you need." Mr. Reyes. I mean Michael, pitched in.

Whoopee! Spending eight weeks with a girl who has more clothes then the Queen of England and her very obnoxious, cocky boyfriend, who have both barley acknowledged my existence for the past eleven years. No problem!

"Listen dad, as great as that sounds I sort of already made plans to spend time with Brittany, Caitlin, and Barbara over the summer." I can't hurt the old man can I?

"Sorry Jamie, this isn't up for discussion, I've already took up the offer and your mother agrees that this is a good experience for you."

"But DAD, this isn't fair!" I whine like a child. Mature right?

"Jamie!" dad scolds me. "I already said this is NOT up for discussion."

"What do you want me to say, whoopee, can't wait!?"

Micheal quickly cuts in. "Well Jamie, you and Kara will be leaving in two weeks. See you then."

My dad and Micheal shake hands before they get up, Micheal dusts invisible specks off his trousers, and disappears out the door leaving me in a fuming state. Thanks a lot Micheal.

When he finally leaves I glare at my dad. "Dad, how could you do this to me? How could you ship me off to California with KARA and TODD for two months? How could you do all of this without even talking to me first?"

"First off, young lady, don't speak to me like that. Secondly, I knew you have always wanted to go to California! Think of this as an opportunity!"

"Dad, I'm seventeen! You ask teenagers before you decide you want to ship them across the country first!"

My dad just ignores me and leaves. Now who's mature? I stomp away! UGH!!! How can he do this to me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

HI :) This is my first book. I really hope you like it! Please Vote and Comment! 

Also, I say a special thanks to Just_Peachy!