Chapter 8

ENCASE ANYONE IS CONFUSED, THIS IS WHAT I PICTURE ZOEY TO LOOK LIKE. THANKS 😘

I sat at the bottom of the stairs, trying not to listen to the boy club meeting upstairs. I had learnt my lesson the first time. Don't listen to business that deep down you don't want to be a part of.

It's true. I had never envisioned my life to be ruled under the laws of the Mafia world. I knew it was in my blood and I knew that I pretty much had no choice being my father's heir. The only way to avoid the matter was to marry a man that knew this life inside out.

Looks like I found him. Well, technically, Pappa found him for me.

I wanted to laugh when I thought about what Pappa had asked him at the wedding.

Treat her well. That's all I ask

You have my word

My word my ass. He hasn't treated me well since.

Patrick and I hadn't talked since this morning. After our argument, he ran off to find Garrick and the others and I disappeared to my room to change.

Even though he said he wasn't jealous, it was as clear as day that he was. Whether he was jealous because his men were looking at me or even because I didn't hate talking to them, he was jealous.

And another thing. I turned him on? I guess that was a step forward, if he found me attractive. I don't know what it was a step forward to, but a step just the same.

My head shot up when I heard a click but regretted it when the study doors opened. A groan escaped my mouth when the boy club flowed out. I turned back around and huffed, resting my chin on my arms. The sound of their shoes on the tiles got louder causing my eyes to look up at the man that walked by. My eyes narrowed when I realized that it was Patrick, trying to ignore the ache in my heart as he continued to walk. He didn't even notice me. Stuff what I said before. I hated him.

The other five followed him, snickering amongst them.

"She looks like a sad puppy," Alberto whispered to Piero making him smile.

I scowled though they didn't see. I didn't hate them, I didn't know them. But they were closer to Patrick than what Nickola seemed. So, I didn't like them.

Knock, knock

I sat up and frowned. Who the hell was here?

Knowing the no one else would open it, I got up and walked to the door.

I gasped when I spied the person behind it.

"Miss me?"

"Zoey!" I screamed, pulling her into a bear hug.

Her laughs filled my ears as I felt tears in my eyes. God, finally someone I could talk to.

"God, how the hell did you get through the gate?" I asked, pulling back, but no where near leaving her grip.

"I called Oscar Maestri," she told me, proud of her balliness.

"You, what?!" I yelled.

I didn't even have the guts to do that.

"Yep, was like, buddy, if you ever want to see this marriage consummated, then you better give me the means to their mansion because my baby girl has no skills."

I screamed out in laughter, hugging her even tighter.

"Oh my God, I love you, I love you," I groaned, squeezing her.