No One Said This Would Be Easy | 7

*30 votes equals faster update, regardless happy readings! Hope everyone had a great St. Valentine's Day!

Chapter 7: Pranks, Pranks, War, Pranks

10:01 P.M., Upstairs Corridors

There’s no way out of this labyrinth. Ivy walls surrounded me as I blindly ventured through the upstairs corridors. Something fell and an eerie sound echoed, which caused me to cringe. I’ve never felt so vulnerable and inadequate.

How could they have kept her and not me? What was wrong with me?

An aching feeling in my stomach occurred and an overwhelming sadness rippled through me. My throat closed and I felt light-headed as the cold beads of sweat layered my brow. I placed my back onto the wall and crawled into fetal position. And that’s how I spent the night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

8:02 A.M., Unknown Location

Waking up that next morning surely was a surprise. Morning sunlight shined bright through the blue curtains and fried my eyes.

“Oh geez, someone turn down the sun a little. These are my eyes not a scrambled egg.” I moaned only half aware of my surrounds.

Suddenly I felt something climb over my body and my hand jerked a little. I squinted my eyes open a bit and came face to face with strawberry blonde haired little boy. My heartbeat doubled in pace, but my face remained passive. Only the scrunching of my eyebrows indicated my inner turmoil.

“Scrambled eggs sure do sound good about now, don’t they? Let’s get breakfast, no let’s get bacon. Better yet, let’s get a bacon, egg and cheese bagel. Ehh, I’m fine with anything actually, I just really want bacon and maybe some waffles. Hey do you like waffles? All I ever see you eat is grilled cheeses and French fries, which is weird, but I like weird.” A small voice rambled on and on.

Now fully aware of my surroundings I stared Andrew hard in the eye. “Get off me, kid.” I grumbled. Though his small weight was not a problem, what was I a chair? One does not just sit on me.

He grinned and lifted his hand which simultaneously lifted mine as well. Smack dab between our wrists were a pair of metal, fluffy handcuffs. The same pair I purchased that was intended to make Nathaniel prisoner to his whiny harlot, Charlotte.

My eyes bulged and my body sprung upright which caused Andrew to fall to the ground beside the bed. I looked down at him exasperated, “Where are we? What happened after the party? Why are we handcuffed? And who is responsible?”

He smiled and began ticking off fingers as he answered my questions. “We’re in my room. Christopher (Barney) carried you in here because it was the closet room to where you passed out and I did not mind,” he said with a cheeky grin.

“So after that disaster of a welcoming party you strutted out of the room like you owned the place and probably got lost and slept on the hallway floor for about an hour maybe. The party was awkward afterward and the paparazzi went crazy, then Nate and Charlotte had to get their clothes cut off to get out of the chairs though.” We both chuckled at that as he ticked off another finger.

Yeah, I’m glad that Charlotte’s Versace dress got destroyed and Nathaniel deserved to get his bum glued to a chair, served him right.

“I’m actually not entirely sure why we’re handcuffed, but I don’t care. As long as you do not get in the way between bacon and me, I’m fine. However, I’m pretty sure this has something to do with Nate, I did see him go into the game room last night.” He said questioningly as he ticked off his last two fingers.