Nineteen

The week before finals was the most stressful, besides actual finals week. Teachers went over things in class, but we still had to study outside of class. No one gave out any homework, which was good.

I was thankful when the end of the day bell rang on Friday afternoon. I hurried out of my class and headed for my locker. It was going to be another boring weekend full of studying. I was both glad and sad that I wouldn't be babysitting Teddy this weekend. I always looked forward to spending time with him. But this weekend Mr. Fuller wanted me to stay home and study. Truthfully I was all studied out.

Dustin leaned up against the locker next to mine and waited.

"I can't wait for these finals to be over." He groaned.

"I know. But just remember we still have finals the week before graduation." I told him as I closed my locker and turned to face him.

"I know." He sighed. He pushed himself off the lockers and we began walking to the back parking lot. "I'm hungry. Wanna go get something to eat?" He asked.

"Sure." I nodded my head. He smiled and lead the way to his car. It's been awhile since he's driven to school, but this week he's been driving a lot.

* * * * * * * * * * *

We pulled up to a small sandwich shop and quickly got out. We each ordered a sandwich and got ourselves a small bag of chips and a soda. We paid and headed to sit down. Dustin wasted no time devouring his foot long sub, where as I took my time with mine. I wasn't really hungry, but I didn't want to go home.

"You eat like a mouse." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked behind Dustin and say Alan sitting there watching me, laughing.

"Are you stalking me?" I questioned jokingly.

"Nope. It seems as if you're the one stalking me." He laughed.

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes. "I came here with.."

He cut me off. "Ooh boyfriend?"

Dustin began choking a little on his soda. He swallowed and shook his head quickly. "No. No. No."

"Awe." Alan frowned. "I thought Des finally got herself a boyfriend."

"Nope. Just friends." I told him.

"Best friends." Dustin added.

"So you're her best friend?" Alan asked. Dustin nodded. "How come you don't set her up with someone you know. Perhaps another friend?" 

I frowned at Alan. Why was he so pushy about me getting a boyfriend? It's not like I'm standing in the way of him and Mr. Fuller. If I dated someone, Mr. Fuller can say bye bye to his babysitter, because I'm pretty sure my weekends would be filled with whoever I dated.

"No." Dustin shook his head and turned a little to look at Alan. "I have yet to find anyone worthy of her. She's a very important person in my life and she deserves the very best. I have yet to find that one guy who passes my tests."

Alan shrugged his shoulders and sat there silently for a second. "What if I told you I could hook you up with someone." He said looking at me.

"I don't know." I sighed.

"Just go on one date with him. I'm sure you'll like him."

"Whatever." I said taking a huge bite out of my sandwich, just so I wouldn't have to talk to him for awhile.

"Great!" He smiled, then stood up. "I'll set everything up and I'll let you know."

I waved him off and he walked away. Dustin started after him looking concerned.

"You're not really going to go on  a date with someone he sets you up with? Are you?" He asked turning his attention to me.

"No." I smiled. "But I'll let him think I am."

"What if he sets you up on a date with Mr. Fuller?" He laughed.

"Then I'll go." I winked. "But I know he wont. He has him all to himself and that's how he wants to keep him."

"I still say you and Mr. Fuller would be a much better couple." He said digging into his bag of chips.

"Meh." I sighed. "We'll never know."

We finished up and Dustin drove me home. I wasted no time jumping in the shower so I could relax with a movie and fall asleep early.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I know its short, but its an update nonetheless.