Odin's Maiden by My Partner Laura Shore

Character introduction

In this story you will encounter some gods and goddesses that worked with me to produce this story and i would like to explain more about them to give you an idea of their personalities.

Odin

I am king of asgard with my beloved wife Frigg. A wanderer and a shaman, I take the honoured dead to reside in my domain Valhalla, I am skilled in runes and many other mystical arts. 

I generally wear a blue cloak with my own personal runes on it and carry a staff made of oak wood to take on my travels, I can appear any height and im naturally toned. I have a scar on my face and my left eye is missing.

I am stern when i have to be, but love and protect all my chosen.

In valhalla, I wear battle attire and a crimson cloak with all my jewels and magnificence, and I keep my spear with me at all times.

Hela

I have a rotting face and a beautiful one, one would say I'm a complex character. My hair is dark chesnut brown and my eyes are a raven black but my normal side is green like my father loki. I am tall and wear an elegant black dress with formal gloves and a shawl, I wear a skeleton choker and my jewels with a beloved one from my mother, a fire gem. 

I am ruler of Niflheim and Hel, I take the common dead, the dishonoured, and all who pass through sickness.

Hecate

I am a triple goddess,  the crone, I am guardian of the gateways to the spirit world and guide  for the dead, also protector of women and witches. I appear as an elegant woman with long sliver hair, I wear an array of colours, of which blue and black are just some.

I carry a torch to light the way to the underworld and are accompained by my dogs.

Hades 

King of the dead, dark and deadly but not without a dark sense of humour. I am tall and wear simple black, I prefer to be morbid for my guests.I have flames for eyes, and skeleton like fingers. My domain is the underworld which I rule over guarding the dead, I generally keep them in check. I am kind if i like you, and cold and indifferent if I do not.

 Prologue 

Death smiled "Beautiful one, i have come to take you, dearest one you are chosen to die, surrender your existence to the Gods."

 " No! I refuse, my life is here, on the mortal plane." kara screamed and drew her sword she would fight her fate, kara didnt want to leave her loved ones behind, she would fight her fate to the end

"Silly girl! you cannot fight death it becomes you!, it consumes you! and into the void you go".  Raising a skeletal arm, he beckoned to her. 

"My fate is not the gods, its my own! I will not lose those I love! In this world I will not be a servant, I will be equal! My destiny is my own!" she stepped backwards and brought her blade between them.

"You are chosen, I have come to bring your soul to the heavens. You have been warned, you cannot withstand divine judgement. Do not make the same mistake as your predecessor. You are so young, what do you know about destiny and that which is written in the laws of prodivence!" his hand curled into a fist

Kara lashed out with all her might, cleaving nothing but the air "I care not!" she cried Death looked down upon her, if it was possible for death to have  a sad face then this was it.