Life as We Know It

My nose burned along with my mouth. I could still taste the discutsting flavor of vomite in my mouth and I became slightly dizzy. I got up, flushed the toilet, and walked over to the sink. The sound of the flushing toilet was ridiculously loud in my head. I put my hands along the edge of the sink and leaned forward. I looked up at the mirror and saw a tired, distressed girl. That girl was me.

I turned on the faucet and watched the water run for a while. I stuck my hands under it after a while. It was ice cold. That startled me. I quickly grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I squirted a little bit more than a pea size on my once bright pink electric toothbrush and turned it on. I stuck it in my mouth and tasted nothing but vomit. I brushed and brushed and brushed until the vomit taste was gone. I spit out the nasty looking toothpaste and watched it pour down the drain. Placing the brush back, I shuffled slowly out of the restroom after I turned off the crystal water. I was using the wall for support as I walked towards my bed. The bright purple and blue sheets made me even dizzier than I was. I plopped down onto the comfy sheets and immiediatly passed out.

***

By the time I awoke, it was the next day. The sun was rising and I had realized I fell asleep with my clothes on. The dull, burgandy shirt was wrinkled and the dark, faded jeans looked disheveled. I placed my feet upon the ground and stood up before falling.

I was still dizzy.

I slowly made my way up and to my closet. Picking out a new black size XS shirt and some dark wash skinny jeans, I took off my old clothes and slipped these on. The shirt fit loosley and I felt even fatter.

I walked downstairs and found my mother laying on the couch, falling off and an empty Vodka bottle on the coffee table. I sighed quietly and walked towards the kitchen. My stomach grumbled loudly and I made a scowl. I didn't feel like eating right now. Inside the cupboard, I found a zero calorie granola bar. I quickly shred off the wrapper and downed it before grabbing my black and neon pink backpack.

I arrived at school relativaly early. I saw one of my friends and waved to her. She was eithor ignoring me or didn't see me. I frowned and walked over to my small locker. 34, 27, 48. The lock fell into my hands and I opened up my locker. Grabbing my math book and science book, my first 2 periods, I set off.

***

The bell to my 5th period rang aloud.

Lunch time.

The one time I dreaded.

I gathered my few things and walked over to my locker to drop them off. The lunch room was all the way over on the other side of the school.

I began walking slowly. I was in no rush. I passed many lockers and doors, some of which weird noises had been heard. Not weird like you think, you perverted people. Weird like, I don't know. Weird.

By the time I made it to the lunch room, it was basically half way over. I went over and grabbed a tray. I picked up a small tuna salad, an apple, and some water. I paid the lunch lady $2.50 and went on my way. I sat down at a table that was crowded with the "undesirables."

People like me.

I stuffed the salad down my throat and munched on my apple. I knew I had very little time. I drank the water and tossed my trash. My friends didn't even talk to me. I walked out of the lunch room and towards the bathroom. No body was there.

Good.

I walked into a stall and locked it. My nimble fingers found their way down my throat. I hit my gag reflex twice and watched my small lunch fall down into the dirty toilet.

Then, all I saw was black.