Ch.5

It was dark, so dark. Shadows seemed to engulf my body, and there was a small pain in the side of my head, followed by a small yelp of pain. The side of my head burned. It burned so badly.

Then, a spiking sensation hit the wound like poison. There was a small yell that died in my throat, and then, then there was a ringing silence, as fragmented feelings came back to me, bit by bit.

I hadn't been able to see. The rush of insanity that accompanied the afternoon felt so good.

The recoil of that afternoon boiled in my head, like a typhoon. The smell of blood, dirt, and an ebbing, self-destructive pain all swirled together in my head, until my eyes flew open, exposed to light.

After a bit of staring up into space, nothing came into focus. Then pain hit me like a piano dropped from a 100 story building. I closed my eyes again. After I was confident that the pain had gone away, I opened my eyes again,

But there was only light.

I heard a heartbeat a few meters away, and it was slow, moving at a small pace.

My hand twitched. The nurse noticed.

"Are you up, honey?" She asked, her voice was old, and had a rough edge to it.

"Hai." I answered, light still blinding me when I opened my eyes. I moved my hands to my eyes, feeling nothing there, I sat up.

"I can't see. " it was short, and effective. In response, I got a small laugh. "Drink this, young lady, and you'll be fine." I felt a cup in my hand, and I tentatively lifted it to my mouth, knocking back the liquid, gulping it all at once.

There was no change, but the pain in my head cleared up.

"Thanks." I said, allowing a small smile.

A stern expression filled the lady's face. "You should thank the boy who carried you here." She said.

My face blanched. "Carried?"

A light smirk played on the lady's mouth. "Oh yes, blue hair, tall, handsome. Was he your boyfriend?"

I blushed deeply, a thick scarlet coming over my cheeks. I tried to recollect the event leading up to this, to no avail. "No..."

Oh, a small smile was still on her mouth, like a medal. "That's what it seemed like, he was so worried."

My blush intensified, then I turned, testing out my legs, and stepping on to the floor tentatively. As soon as it was apparent that I was fine, I got my bag, which had been dropped by the cot, and shot out of the infirmary as fast as I could, after thanking the old lady for her hospitality.

It was strange. I could see dark from light, but not colour. My eyes kept flashing, and I could tell that something was seriously wrong.

I needed to get myself under control.

Now.

This moment.

As I exited the building, I noticed the heartbeats, and the black and white forms of the regulars exiting the courts after practicing, all slightly pale.

Of course they were, idiot. So would i, if I had just seen a girl almost kill a high school senior.

I noticed Yukimura by himself, drinking from a water bottle near the green mesh cage called the tennis courts.

"Oi, Yukimura." He almost sputtered his water, taken by surprise. "Thanks for... Just, Thanks. Sorry. It won't happen again."

Yukimura nodded. Acknowledgement. At least he didn't think I was insane. Or of he did, he didn't show it. "No problem."