23.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked getting excited.

"You'll see. It's a surprise." Sam grinned over to me before returning his eyes to the road.

We had been driving for almost an hour and I had no idea where we were. I looked out the window and watched as trees passed one by one.

After our drive, Sam eventually pulled into a parking lot of a bowling alley.

"An arcade?" I asked not even trying to fight the grin climbing up onto my face.

"Yes. An arcade." He winked before climbing out of his truck and walking over to my side. He opened the door for me and held out a hand for me to hold onto.

I grabbed onto it and hopped out of the vehicle.

The sign was a neon green and blue spelling out "FINN'S ARCADE" in all caps.

I had to admit I was a little nervous considering I was never much of a gamer, but I knew already that it was going to be a fun time considering I was with Sam, who seemed like the chillest guy I know.

"So why an arcade?" I asked curiously as he opened the door for me.

"Well when I was younger I spent most of my preteen years in the mall arcade and I had some of the best times there. I was there so often that all the employees and I were on a first-name basis." He smirked as if this was something to be proud of.

"Awe. Little Sam was a nerd." I laughed as I poked his arm playfully.

"No I wasn't. I was just a gaming expert." He chuckled.

"It honestly doesn't seem that hard." I said with raised eyebrows.

"Oh yeah? I bet you I can beat you at any game in here."

"Deal." I said shaking his hand as if we were agreeing on some important business contract.

***

He ended up beating me at every single game we played which was every single game in the arcade place. Probably because I convinced him I was going to be able to win at least once, but he had to prove me otherwise every time. I honestly wan't surprised I lost so many time. Like I said before I was never good at video games, but I didn't mind at all since I had an extremely good time with Sam.

We were now heading back to campus and I was humming along to a random song on the radio.

"Hey do you mind if we make a quick stop somewhere?" He asked breaking me out of my trance.

"Yeah. Sure thing. Do what you gotta do." I smiled over to him.

"Thanks you're the best."

He parked in front of one of the sketchier apartment buildings that I had never been brave enough to go near.

"I'll be just a minute. In and out. I promise." He said as he unbuckled.

He must've noticed the almost scared expression on my face.  I smoothed the worry lines from my facial features and put on a small smile to reassure him.

"I'm fine. Just a few minutes, right?" I asked noticing my voice squeak a little at the end.

"Yeah. Ten minutes tops." He said as he opened his door and got out before shutting it behind him.