Chapter Three-

Previously...

I changed inside the shed and walked back in to stop suddenly.

There she sat smiling happily at what something my brother said, eating an apple cake with cream. It looked delicious.

My mother looked up at me and smiled.

"Come and sit back down Ryan, the Blackwood's daughter is a marvellous little baker." She complemented Katherine as she shoved another spoonful in her mouth. I grinned and sat beside Marcel and took a plate with cake and cream from Katherine and grabbed a spoon from the middle of the table.

Taking a bit of cake and placing it in my mouth I nearly moaned in delight.

-Wow, this is heaven in the mouth!- I accidentally sent out through the mind link and I heard a load of laughter echo throughout my mind. I looked up a smirk on my face only to see Katherine feeding her little brother and smiling gently. The smirk was wiped from my face and I stared at her, mouth agape.

'What is wrong with me?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter three-

I stared astounded as Katherine's face lit up as she smiled down at her little brother, feeding him a little piece of heaven she baked.

-Stop staring Ry-Ry, she might think you're some creep. - Leanne's voice echoed through the mind link. I nodded and looked down at my third slice of the apple pie. My head shot up at the sound of an angel’s chuckle.

My eyes zoned in on Katherine once more and widened then narrowed as I saw Marcel trying to feed Keenan, Katherine smiling brightly and touching his shoulder slightly as she showed him how to stop the little boy from grabbing the spoon and making a mess.

"Hey, Crown wolf. Are you finished with your plate?" I must have zoned out for a bit because Katherine was standing beside me and the others had all left the dining room. She touched my arm- which was bare because I rolled up my sleeves up before dinner. I felt a slight shock and I couldn't seem to move.

"Um... Hello?" I saw a soft, petite hand wave in front of my face before it took my half eaten slice of apple pie from the table. Leaving me alone.

I just sat there.

What was that?

-Ryan, please see me in my office. - My father requested through the mind link.

Getting up I saw Katherine doing the dishes, as her mother, my mother and Leanne were all chatting in the kitchen. I paused, smiling slightly at the scene.

-Ryan, Now. - The request turned into an Alpha command. Forcing my feet and attention to go to the house office. I knocked and waited patiently.

"Come in." I opened the door and found my father leaning against his oak desk with Mr Blackwood standing beside him.

"Alpha Blackwood, Alpha Sterling." I bowed my head.

"Ryan, I think we may definitively have this alliance down quicker than either Alpha Blackwood or myself thought possible." I frowned slightly, but bit back the questions rattling around my head.

"We think we will have a good ground boundary together, then if we were alone. So start to get to know the future Beta of the Blackwood pack and then from there on it's your free rein." Mr Blackwood smiled at me then waved me out. I glanced at my father and he nodded. I left but not before I saw a knowing look pass between the two men.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later the two Alphas had talked and were smiling happily as they left the office and came into the living room to break the good news to everyone. I sighed and looked over at Leanne and Marcel as they played with the Blackwood's Crown Wolf.

Little Keenan's laughter rang around the house and Katherine was sitting beside him smiling down and holding her hands down relaxed, in case Keenan decided to fall backwards.

"Ryan, please officially meet the future Beta of the Blackwood's Pack." I turn around to find the hall empty. Huh?

-Turn around dip shit.- Leanne sighed and I turned to see only Katherine standing up with her father. I gaped and just stood there amazed.

"Hello Crown Wolf of the Sterling Pack. I am the future Beta of the Blackwood Pack- Katherine Blackwood." She stepped forward and held out her hand for me to shake. I took it and flinched slightly as I felt a shock travel from my hand up to my shoulder.

She seemed completely unaffected by the electric vibe that has been travelling through our skins. She only smiled politely at me and then withdrew her hand when I let go, we stepped from each other’s personal bubble space and our Alpha's/Father's nodded approvingly.

"Now, Katherine." We both looked at my father.

"Yes Alpha Sterling?" My father smiled.

"I have told your parents to call me Blake and the rest of my family by our names- we will obviously be spending a lot of time together." Katherine looked slightly flustered but nodded respectfully.

"Yes, so Katherine, both myself and your father think its best if you and Ryan get to know each other better."

"Nice idea dad." I gave him the thumbs up as he shook his head in disbelieve.

"What, pray, do you wish us to do Sir?" Katherine asked, smartly avoiding calling anyone their name. I noticed Marcel smiling slightly at her elegant manoeuvre.

"You shall- what do you call it...Hang out." I smirked. "Every day." At this I turned to Katherine to see her face fall.

-Looks like Ryan is not liked by the Blackwood's Beeetaaa!- Leanne laughed into the mind link. I growled slightly.

"Ice cream?" The uncomfortable stillness of the room was shattered by the little boy's naive question.

-Did he really just ask about Ice cream?- Leanne and Marcel both thought in unison.

"Hahaha!" Katherine's laughter and everyone else's soon bounced around the room. Ridding the room of anything awkward and I glanced at Katherine but then I couldn't look away... she was glowing with joy, love and innocence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, please leave some comments! I wish to know what you like about it and what you don't. :)

This is Dedicated to my little brother who acutally asked this at 8am, this is still a great little inside joke between my mother, Keenan and myself... ah... love my family.