Chapter 8

EDITED 

POPPY

I laid in bed Saturday morning just looking at the ceiling. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was meant to go to my therapist but I didn't feel like it. So I grabbed my phone and called her, Mrs Lynn.

"Hello, Mrs Lynn speaking."

"Hey, its Poppy Lawerance."

"Oh Poppy, hi. Why are you calling? Don't we have a appointment today?"

"Yes we do but I was wondering if we could reschedule this one?" As I asked as the door bell went off leaving me confused. 

I wasn't expecting anyone. I walked down stairs in short shorts and a baggy t-shirt as I hadn't changed out of my pyjamas yet. I opened the door to see Harry standing there with a smile on his face. I motioned for him to come in as I opened the door wider but told him to be quiet as I continued my conversation. 

"Why would that be then?" Mrs Lynn asked. 

"Errr, I'm feeling ill." I faked a cough. 

"Oh Poppy. Are you alright?" 

"Yes Mrs Lynn, I'm fine but I cant come today." 

"That's no problem I will text you the rescheduled appointment. Get well soon Poppy, bye." 

"Bye." 

I put the phone down and looked at Harry who was standing in the hallway looking at me confused. 

"You're not ill." He spoke, obviously listening to my conversation.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, ignoring his statement. 

"Well its Saturday and its 12 o'clock and I wanted something to do." He listed off several things but I raised my eyebrows at him. 

"So? That doesn't explain why you're here, in my house?" 

"Well, I was thinking we could go to the cinema or something, I don't know what do you want to do?" 

"Just, let me go get changed." I spoke, realising that I was still in pyjamas. And the fact my baggy top was so big you could hardly see my shorts. 

"What, why? I liked you in this." Harry said with a wink and a whistle as I ran upstairs to my room. 

"STAY IN THE LIVING ROOM!" I shouted and all I heard was his laugh in response. 

God, I could come to love that sound. 

HARRY 

When Poppy ran upstairs and shouted at me I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. When she opened the door in just a baggy top and short shorts, you could say I was surprised that she would open the door to anyone like that. In one way I'm glad it was just me, I don't think I would want anyone else to see her like that. She looked good though. She isn't too skinny like several others girls I've been with, she has curves in the right places. I had to hold myself back from ripping all her clothes off to be honest. 

I walked into her living room and started to look around. They didn't have many photos around the house, unlike my mum who likes to have a photo at every place she can. I looked at a photo that sat on the fire place. It was of three people. You could tell the middle one was Poppy. She had the same hair, all curly on top of her head but she was younger. There was a boy and a girl either side of her. They were too young to be her parents that's for sure. They also all looked too alike, like they were siblings. Was this her brother and sister? I didn't even know she had siblings, did anyone know? Her sister had red-brown hair which was quite short, styled in a bob. Her brother had brown hair but almost black. 

The photo next to this one had five people in it. Poppy, her brother, sister and her parents. Looking at this I could tell Poppy looked more like her mother than her father. Her mum had long brown hair while her dad was like her brother, brown almost black hair. 

The last photo on the fire place was of four people. Their family, minus Poppy. They were stood outside this house, I think. All of them with wide smiles on their faces. I don't know why Penelope was so scared of her parents, from this it looked like they were lovely people. 

"Ready?" Poppy's voice snapped me out of thought. I turned round and nodded at her, following her to my car.