Chapter Twenty-two

Kelsey quickly ducked for the floor, bruising her knees as Sarah lunged for her. She crawled out of the room slamming the door shut behind her as she got to her feet, running into Ty's room immediately, her mind spinning, her heart aching to know if he was okay. She quietly shut the door and locked it before silently placing Ty's large dresser in front of the door. Tip-toeing to the crib, she saw Ty's sleeping cradled body and sighed in relief as she picked him up and held him against her chest as she pulled her cell-phone out of her shorts pocket, readying to dial as she heard the knob begin to jiggle from outside the room. 

Kelsey's breathing deepened as she hurriedly dialed the police, slowly making her way toward the bathroom door just a foot or two away from her. 

"This the police, what's your emergency?" The male dispatcher responded, Kelsey's heart dropping to her stomach as she entered the bathroom, the smell of dried blood fresh in the air, the door jiggling more, the dresser starting to rock back and forth. Shutting the door, she again locked it, falling down on top of the toilet as she tried to catch her breath, Ty quiet in her arms, "Hello?" The dispatcher questioned when she responded with simple breaths.

Kelsey took a deep low breath before speaking rapidly and under her breath, "I need thelp. My name is Kelsey Rogers, and there is a crazy woman trying kill me with some bloody syringe. I'm locked in the bathroom with my baby brother, but I don't know how long until she'll break down the door," she took a silent inhale before biting back her most desired sobs she wanted to release, "Please help me."

She could hear his pen writing rapidly as he quickly responded, "Keep yourself hidden and from harm, the nearest police cruiser should be there in a matter of minutes. Do you know your attacker?"

Kelsey opened her mouth, the air stopping as she thought on how to respond, "I don't know, I'm freaking out too much, I'm trying to calm down, I just don't know." She answered smoothly without fault.

"Just hold on, Miss Rogers. Do you want me to stay on the phone with you?" He asked as kindly as he could, she could tell he was concerned, it was his tone.

Before she could respond, she heard the dresser fall to the carpet in the bedroom, the door crashing against the dresser, some bits sounding to have broken off and hit the ground, "She's broken down the door." Kelsey whispered, her lips shaking as she attempted to stop already falling tears.

"Miss, it'll be okay." He tried to reassure her, but she simply couldn't think of a way out of this. It would be minutes too late before someone came. Hanging up on the dispatcher, Kelsey breathed deeply, throwing the phone against the mirror above the sink, cracking the mirror into dozens of pieces some falling into the sink, others into the floor. 

Swiftly, Kelsey gave Ty a kiss on the forehead and a soft reassurance as she sat his sleeping body into the empty tub before grabbing a tick washcloth towel in her hands. Reaching for a larger piece of glass, Kelsey gripped it tight her washcloth wrapped hand, feeling the sharp edges in her tight fist. Readying herself, she jabbed the air once or twice, waiting for the sound of a knock on the door from Sarah.

"Kelsey." Sarah sang, tapping the syringe against the frame of the door, "Come out, so I can kill you. I want to get this over with." She chuckled as Kelsey's tears dried on her icy face.

"Not today, bitch." Kelsey spoke to Sarah through the door, reaching for the knob just as she gritted her teeth, her arm up and lunging for Sarah.

Jax, with a large can of Pringles Original under one arm, and two chocolate chip cookie dough blizzards in each hand, made his way out of his truck once he parked in Kelsey's driveway, ready to begin his movie night with his beloved and gorgeous girlfriend. Almost with a skip in his beat, he hurried to the door that had strangely been opened, a hint of a bloody fingerprint on the knob.