Chapter 17

Austin's POV

No matter how much I warn Tom, he won't ever listen to me.

"I was just teaching Jasmine a valuable lesson on what happens if you disobey me, right babe?" Tom smirked while looking at me, then at Jasmine.

"Don't call her that." I snap. Jasmine was trying to get a glimpse of the scene, but I kept on pushing her behind me just to make sure that she doesn't get hurt.

"Back it up, Tom." Cheryl scoffed as I stopped Tom from walking towards Jasmine by pushing him away. "If you don't get out of sight, then I'll-"

"Then I'll" what, huh? What are you going to do?" Tom said as he returned the push on me more than twice. He pushes me almost out of the parking lot of the plaza that we were in, and towards the road.

"I'm warning you, Tom," I said as I put my hand in front of Tom's face. "If you don't stop this shit, I'll do something I might regret."

Dave is trying to stop Tom from pushing me, while Alex was expecting for me to calm down. How the heck can I calm down when he was about to slap my girlfriend?!

"Tom, this isn't funny," Jessica grumbled.

"You know what?" Tom sighed. "You're right. I guess I should just let it be. I've bothered you guys a lot. I'm very sorry."

Everybody, including me, looked at Tom blankly as if we were all dreaming this. I know Tom better than his own mom. He's never sorry for anything he's done to us.

Tom then gives me a hug and whispers, "Your chick won't stay with you for long, because I'll make her mine, and you know exactly how I'll do it. Whether it hurts or gives her pleasure."

That's it.

I angrily pull off of the hug and start beating him up. We both get into a brutal fight and the worse part was that we were on the sidewalk, meaning right by the road.

Just then I feel my body collapse onto the concrete ground. Tom punched me so hard on my cheek that I was bleeding from my mouth.

I spit out the blood from my mouth and slowly get up. I walk towards Tom and drew a fist in his stomach real hard that he was about to collapse on the ground, but I grabbed him before and bruised his face.

"AUSTIN, STOP!" Jasmine shouted as she was attempting to get a grip on me, but I pushed her aside.

What I didn't know is that I pushed Jasmine too hard, and that was towards the road; I heard her scream louder than a dinosaur's roar.

CRASH

SMASH

"JASMINE!" I hear Alex yell. Tom looks over my shoulder, surprised. I follow his eyes to the most horrifying scene of my life.

A car had brutally hit Jasmine. She was bleeding a lot from her forehead and her arms and legs were bruised. There was blood all around her lifeless looking body.

I give Tom a shove and he fell over, but he got up and began to run away. "GO AND GET THAT BASTARD, DAVE!" I shouted. Dave nodded and ran to the direction Tom went, as I ran over to where the girls, Alex, and Jasmine were.

"Jasmine?" I practically shout as I slightly lift her. "Nothing will happen to you, I promise." I give her a tight hug.

It breaks me to see my best friend, my girlfriend like this. Especially because it happened because of me. I'll never forgive myself if anything happens to her.