Family

Family ..... illgetthereoneday

"So 'm I supposed to be crossin' me legs or somethin'?" Scot asked as most of the Eagle's Arrow Crew were sitting down to enjoy some tea.

For the first time, Scot thought it be best to at least try some tea... that is, he lost a bet with Annemarie and was forced to attend a tea party Adalè and Maria were hosting. Annemarie and Maria both snickered as they took a sip of their tea. Adalè took it upon herself to decorate the room special just for this occasion. The table was dressed in new white and light pink linen; doily's adorning the plates that held the homemade snacks that Maria had made earlier that morning.

"No, you don't have to cross your legs, although it would be much appreciated in case of some sort of draft blowing through that might lift up your skirt." Annemarie replied, smirking into her tea.

Scot slammed his cup down, "How many blasted times do I have to tell ya? This is not a skirt, it's a kilt, ya nitwit!" He had taken the liberty of standing up to show it off.

"And how many times do I have to tell you, Scot, that I will not have any rough housing in my room at the tea table." Adalè said sternly, looking over the rim of her cup.

Adalè may be the fun loving type with her head up in the clouds, but when she means business she could scare the kilt off of any man, thought Scot as he shivered. With that , Scot sat back down into his chair, angrily taking a bite out of a finger sandwich and mumbling into his tea.

All of a sudden, there was a tremendous blast that shook the entire room, slamming Scot into the wall. When he looked up he noticed that both Maria and the captain had taken cover behind Adalè's trusty parasol. He cringed as Adalè finally stood up and looked around at the mess that was once her room.

The tea table had flipped over, smashing all of the cups and plates leaving them scattered in jagged pieces across the floor. Her bookshelf had toppled over, books strewn across the rug. The bed had moved a few inches to the right and her stuffed animals and dolls were thrown into a giant heap. Surprisingly, Adalè kept a calm demeanor as she clicked her parasol closed and grabbed the hand of the captain and Maria, guiding both of them out of her disastrous room.

In the hall, the girls picked up pace, Scot jogging behind them. They all knew exactly where they were going and what they would find when they entered Jameson's lab. However, it was far worse than they had thought. The room was in complete shambles. Everything had a blackened, charred stain on it, broken glass adorning every nook and cranny. Wires hung haphazardly from the ceiling, sparks sizzling every few moments from the broken ones.

And of course, the crew found their favorite doctor/inventor lying on the ground, his entire body covered in loose papers and black char.

Adalè, Annemarie, and Maria scurried over to his side and started to shake him. However, it was Annemarie that actually grabbed his shoulders and shook his entire body, Jameson's head lolling form side to side.

"I swear to gosh, if you die, Jameson, I'm going to kill you! You need to wake up and clean my ship! It's a complete mess." She yelled angrily.

"Yeah, and not to mention all of my tea cups and books you owe me now!" Adalè added, poking Jameson's cheek.

Finally, Jameson coughed and opened his eyes. Weakly he said, "Don't worry, Addie, I'll replace all your stuff."

"Ahem!" Annemarie added.

"And of course I'll clean this ship, inside and out." He smiled and sat up.

He took a look around his lab and was in complete shock. "This is not what was supposed to happen at all." Jameson stood and began to wander around his dilapidated lab.