Chapter 4: The Party

Jeff's POV:

Two days went by, with no word from Liu at LDC. No friends to hang out with me. Nothing but sadness and guilt. That is until Saturday, when I is woke up by my mother, with a happy, sunshiny face. "Jeff, it's the day." she said as she opened up the curtains and let light flood into my room. "What, what's today?" I asked as I strirs awake. "Why, it's Billy's party." I was now fully awake. "Mom, you're joking, right? You don't expect me to go to some kid's party after..." I told my mom then there was a long pause. "Jeff, we both know what happen. I think this party could be the thing that brightens up the past days. Now, get dressed." My mom walked out my room and downstairs to get ready herself. I fought myself to get up. He picked out a random shirt and pair of jeans and walked down stairs.

I was my mother ad father all dressed up; my mom in a dress and my dad in a suit. I though, "why they would wear such fancy clothes to a kid's party." "Son, is that all your going to wear?" said my mom. "Better than wearing to much." I said to my parents. My mom pushed down the feeling to yell at me and hid it with a smile. "Now Jeff, we may be over-dressed, but this is how you go if you want to make an impression." said my father. I grunted and went back up to my room. I opened my door and went to my closet to look for some fancy clothes and I didn't have any fancy clothes. "I don't have any fancy clothes!" I yelled downstairs. "Just pick out something." called my mother. I looked around in my closet for what you would call fancy.

I found a pair of black dress pants I had for special occasions and an undershirt. I couldn't find a shirt to go with it though. I looked around, and found only striped and patterned shirts. None of which go with dress pants. Finally I found a white hoodie and put it on. "You're wearing that?" my parents both said to me. My mother looked at her watch. "Oh, no time to change. Let's just go." She said as she herded me and my dad out the door. We crossed the street over to Barbara and Billy's house. They knocked on the door and at it appeared that Barbara, just like my parents, way over-dressed. As we walked inside all I could see were adults, no kids. "The kids are out in the yard. Jeff, how about you go and meet some of them?" said Barbara.

I walked outside to a yard full of kids. They were running around in weird cowboy costumes and shooting each other with plastic guns. He might as well be standing in a Toys R Us. Suddenly a kid came up to him and handed him a toy gun and hat. "Hey. Wanna pway?" the kid said to me. "Ah, no kid. I'm way too old for this stuff." The kid looked at me with that weird puppy dog face. "Pwease?" said the kid. "Fine," I said. I put on the hat and started to pretend shoot at the kids. At first I thought it was totally ridiculous, but then he started to actually have fun. It might not have been super cool, but it was the first time he had done something that took his mind off of Liu. So he played with the kids for a while, until he heard a noise.

A weird rolling noise. Then it hit him, Randy, Troy, and Keith all jumped over the fence on their skateboards. I dropped the fake gun and ripped off the hat. Randy looked at me with a burning hatred. "Hello, Jeff, is it? Randy said to me. "We have some unfinished business." I saw his bruised nose. "I think we're even. I beat the crap out of you, and you get my brother sent to JDC." Randy got an angry look in his eyes. "Oh no, I don't go for even, I go for winning. You may have kicked our asses that one day, but not today." As he said that Randy rushed at me. We both fell to the ground. Randy punched Jeff in the noise, and I grabbed him by the ears and head butted him. I pushed Randy off of me and we both rose to our feet.

Kids were screaming and parents were running out of the house. Troy and Keith both pulled guns out of their pockets. "No one interrupts or guts will fly!" they said. Randy pulled a knife on me and stabbed it into mu shoulder. I screamed and fell to my knees. Randy started kicked me in the face. After three kicks I grabbed his foot and twisted it, causing Randy to fall to the ground. I stood up and walked towards the back door. Troy grabbed me. "Need some help?" He picked me up by the back of my collar and throws me through the patio door. As I tried to stand I was kicked down to the ground. Randy repeatedly starts kicking me, until I started to cough up blood. "Come on Jeff, fight me!"