Chapter One: Lost at Sea

The waters of the North Blue were calm, a perfect time to be out at sea. A young teenage girl and her parents, who were Pirates, decided to head out and start their own voyage as a family. To set sail and go on an adventure.

"All looks good on this side! How does everything look from up there first mate Zara?!"

The girl's father called up to the crow's nest. Lefévre Zara looked down from the lookout post, her long blue hair swayed in the wind, her dark blue eyes sparkled like the sea and the sun danced off her pale skin.

"Everything seems to be in order fath... er, I mean Captain!" Zara jumped down from the crow's nest, grabbed the sail line, slid down to the deck of the ship, the Blue Rose, and landed

in front of her mother and father, Lefévre Léo and Leféver Raven.

"Where are we heading Captain?" Zara asked her father as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Where ever the sea may take us! That's the best voyage of all. Not knowing where the great waters may take us!" Léo gestured out at the ocean. "Now, go and check the supplies down in the cargo hole for me, first mate Zara."

"Aye, aye Captain!!" Zara saluted her father and rushed off to check their supplies down in the cargo hold.

Léo and Raven looked onward, proud that their daughter was so excited about starting her first voyage. Ever since Zara was a little girl all she would do was ask her parents if she could go on a voyage with them on the Blue Rose. To go on a great adventure, and when the time came, Zara could barely keep herself together.

It had been a few months since Zara and her parents had set off on their adventure. Picking up a few new crew members along the way since the original crew had long been disbanded many years before. Each crew member had their own special purpose on the crew. From a doctor to a weapons specialist, everyone earned their place among the crew.

Everyone showed great respect for Zara's father, their captain, and Zara saw the crew as her family. There was one crew member who was about her age that she was really close to. His name was Shô and his was an assistant to their weapons specialist, Bora. The two grew extremely close to each other and many of the crew members notice and would often tease the two about it.

"You two should just give it up and start dating." Bora teased Shô as he watched Zara talking with her father.

"Yeah right. The Captain would never allow that Bora. Zara is too special for her to be interested in someone like me."

"I wouldn't so sure about that Shô" Bora pointed over towards Zara.

Shô looked to see where Bora was pointing and saw that Zara had quickly turned her gaze away for Bora and Shô with her face slight blushed.

"I have feeling that you may be special to Zara as well."

Just then a voice came calling down from the Crow's Nest.

"Captain! There's a ship up ahead. It seems to be another pirate ship!"

Léo looked through his telescope to see the flag of the approaching ship and what he saw was the flag of a ship he didn't want to see.

"Blackbeard! Everyone, ready the guns and hold for my order. I know this ship and the captain isn't friendly!"

Everyone quickly rushed to their stations, Zara included. She rushed to the Crow's Nest to get a better look at the ship that was making its way towards them. She saw the Jolly Roger with the telescope that sat in the Crow's Nest and saw the Caption of the ship as well.