Chapter 4- When You Can't Sleep At Night

Alex couldn't sleep. Jack had fuckin kissed him. They knew each other for three months and he kissed him. Yes, Alex had a crush on him. No, he didn't expect him to make out with him. Alex rolled over and looked at his clock. It was midnight. God damn. He hadn't known how to react. He was just going to show Jack his scars and accept that Jack was probably just gonna leave him, like his other friends. But he didn't. He kissed him. On the lips. For like, 5 seconds. Holy fuck.

Jack hit his head against his dresser. 'Stupid idiot.' He thought. Of course, Jack had been the one to run away, not Alex. 'Probably because you scared him to death, you disgusting twat.' Jack though to himself. He checked his phone for what seemed like the hundredth time. Alex hadn't texted him. 'Of course he didn't. He hates you, faggot. You should go-' "No." Jack said out loud, scaring himself. He crawled into bed and breathed heavily into his pillow.

Alex sighed, looking at the clock again. It was 1 in the morning. He had to get up in five hours. He wished he could stare at the ceiling forever in silence. He was confused. Happy, but confused. Jack had booked it after he realized what he was doing and Alex was going to ask him to wait, but he couldn't find his voice. He began to hum a Green Day song, not realizing what it was until he got to the chorus. Coming Clean off their '94 album, Dookie. "I found out what it takes to be a man, now mom and dad'll never understand." That was the last thing Alex remembered doing before he fell asleep.