✡ panino

Amazing cover by @bigbutterfly14

Diego is not a want. Diego is a fucking need.

Also I've had people ask me who plays Heath, so I'm telling yall now you can imagine whoever you want as our home boy. I'm imagining him as ice cream.

Official cast:

• Ice cream as Heath
(this list shall be updated in the future)

Me:

p.s. Ben might appear in future chapters, but if he were it would be as a different role.

Four

If you asked me how I ended up sitting on a couch directly across from an Alpha, a steaming cup of coffee in my cold hands and Astrid resting heavily on my lap, my only answer would be yolo.

The air in the house was as silent as the night outside. His men had filed up the stairs in an unbidden silence a minute ago, leaving Heath and I the only ones left in the living room.

My ears rang with the absence of sound as I took a sip of my coffee. Placed it down gently on the coffee table between us. Looked up at the person sitting across from me, his long legs slightly spread, one hand resting on his thigh while the other was laid on the armrest, fingers splayed out. His head was marginally tilted to the right as he observed me with those unnervingly shrewd eyes.

Silent silence hung between us.

I broke it first.

"Tell me about the proposal," I said, lifting two combat clad feet to prop them on the coffee table. The coffee in the cup next to my ankles rippled at the movement.