One Second Alone

"I'll be fine." Lily reassured her mother as they walked down the stairs together.
    "Don't worry, Jake and Reece will still be alive when you get home, probably." She joked.
     "They are not the ones I'm worried about." Kate turned to her daughter, placing her hands on Lily's shoulders. She took a deep breath, unsure what to say.
     "Maybe I should stay home," she continued walking down the stairs.
     "Seriously Kate. Do you not have faith in our daughter?" Rick questioned, kissing his wife on the top of her head.
     "I have complete faith in her. I just don't need Jake and Reece destroying my baby." She hugged her tightly, not letting go.
    "We'll be good." Jake innocently smiled.
    "Extra good." Reece joined in.
"Yeah okay." Kate did not seem convinced by the twins' obvious fake innocence.
    "We're your babies aren't we?" They asked in unison.
  "Yes well, she is my first baby and my baby girl." Castle kissed Jake and Reece then Lily. Kate then went down the line, planting a kiss on each child's cheek.
    "Remember if anything goes wrong call me. You can call Sarah-Grace and Daniel too." Beckett reminded her daughter.
    "Bye! I love you!" Lily helped push her mother out the door.
    "Let's go. Lanie, Espo, Jenny and Ryan will be waiting." Castle reminded his wife.
    "Bye!" Finally, Rick was able to close the door leaving the three kids alone. Reece gave Jake a look which signaled for him to check the hallway. Their parents were gone. Jake gave a head nod. Lily seemed confused until the twins screamed in unison
    "Hide and seek! You're it!" They then ran throughout the house, away from their sister. Only one second without her parents and Lily was already regretting the choice she had made to babysit her little brothers.