Introduction

Introduction

Flashback

"Guys! Check it out, the beast." Austin snickered, a hint of enjoyment in his eyes.

As she walked by, Austin stopped her dead in her tracks. A fearful look in her eyes, as she slowly started to slouch, her blue eyes closing slightly. 

"Look who we have here! Ryder, look, are her lips dryer than the first time we saw her?" he tugged at her dirty blonde waves.

She looked at me, her eyes with an expression easy for me to read.

Do something.

"John, look, are those the same pants she had on yesterday?" he smirked.

I kept eye contact with her as the guys started picking on other parts of her body.

I noticed the small crowd that we once had, increased into a much larger one. I licked my lips.

I should do something. Say something. I should stop them. I should tell them to cut it out. 

She doesn't deserve this.

"Ryder!" Austin yelled over my thoughts. My head snapped up, breaking contact with her. 

"Snap out of it. We all know she's hideous, but stare at her any longer and you'll turn to stone."

The crowd laughed. I looked around, my eyes searching, desperate to find someone that could stop them. 

A few feet back, I noticed a teacher leaning against her door, a look of terror in her eyes.

Do something. I glared at her. She didn't notice me. 

How could she? She was a teacher. She was supposed to be a role model. 

I turned back, eyes focused on the scene right in front of me.

I sighed, swallowing any guilt. 

This is who I am.  

I looked her dead in the eye, making sure I looked as intimidating as I was about to sound.

"Kill yourself."