Chapter 1 | Catch it!

"Catch!" My best friend, Cole, yelled.

I ran and caught the ball right before I hit the ground. My shoulder slightly hurt as I stood up, hope I'll feel better in the morning.

"Oi! Your catching be slippin'!" Cole slapped my back.

I laughed at his sentence, "No it isn't. Your aim sucks."

He looked at me in disbelief, "You better start running!"

My feet were off in an instant, I was running towards the playground where my girlfriend was chatting to her friends. Her brown hair was flying in bizarre directions, I can only blame the wind.

"Hey, babe!" I hugged her and turned her body around facing Cole. "Protect me."

She was very angry that I had interrupted her conversation but all anger flew away when I kissed her cheek.

"Greg, please stop with this nonsense! I was talking to Mila about mani-pedis." She whined.

"Bella, I don't care! Just protect me from Phelps."

Bella muttered some incoherent Spanish words under her breath pushing herself away from me, "You're an idiot, you know that?"

"I know."

Bella walked back to her group of friends leaving me defenseless. Chicks, can't leave with them, can't live without them.

In case you're wondering who the hell I am, I'm Greg Hunter, a teenager who happens to also be a werewolf. But then again, everyone that goes to Rivers High is a werewolf....

Except that janitor who we always find sleeping in his closet. Rumour has it he wanks in there too. Gross.

Cole tackled me to the ground, "You thought you could run away from me, huh?"

He punched me playfully before getting up and running inside when the bell rung.

I dusted my clothes before following everyone into the building. I grabbed my books for English class and hurried into the room. Everyone's expressions were dull, some girls were eyeballing me and some girls didn't care about anything. Usually, those kind of girls wore black and had piercings, not my type.

"Sit, everyone, sit!" Ms. Elliot ordered, "Today, we will be writing individual stories about our lives. Well, we're really starting as this is a project."

Everyone groaned, including me, she assigns projects like that's the only thing she was born to do. About 30 minutes into the boring lesson, I got bored. None of my friends were in this class, so I had no one to talk to. I took my phone out and began texting under the table.

Even though I can't really get into trouble for doing this because I'm going to be an Alpha soon, I think it wouldn't really be polite to text in public like that. It'd just hurt the teacher's feelings, right?

I was texting one of my friends, Athelia, she's very understanding and she listens. Athelia could be mistaken as one of the guys, she doesn't really dress girly. She doesn't wear shorts, dresses or skirts. She's more of the 'throw on anything' type.

She once came to school with the same outfit for a week. She just doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks which makes me love her more. As a friend, of course.

This class is boring. I texted.

Tell me something I don't know. She replied.

We talked for about 6 minutes before Ms. Elliott decided to come down the aisles of desks and check on us. I had written about 500 words already, so I wasn't going to be in trouble.

"Nice job, Greg." She approved of my work and went on to the next desk behind me.

That was a close one. I almost got caugh Lia. I texted her.

I thought you could handle youself? Athelia texted.

I can. Haha, talk to ya later. I replied. I waited for her to text me back before I shut my phone off.

You too, Hunter. She finally replied. I put my phone back in my pocket and went back to work.

~

"I'm home!" I yell as I dump my backpack on the couch.

"Sweetie! How was school?" My mum hugs me. How I love her warm hugs.

"Same old, same old." I replied as she squished me in her embrace.

She put her hands on her apron, "We're having steak and potatoes for dinner, your dad has some very important news."

I furrowed my eyebrows in a puzzling way, "Important news? Yeah, right."

I picked my backpack up and left my mother dazzled by my exit. Last time Dad said he had important news, he was telling us that he found his favourite yoghurt in a store, he used to eat it everyday while in his teens. It was his favourite from a company called 'Lickers' which was established in the 1900's. Pretty big news Dad, pretty big. Note the sarcasm.

After I finished all my homework, I decided to call Cole.

"What up, man?" Cole answered

"I'm starting to question the Goddesses again," I groan, "Don't you think I'd already found my mate by now?"

"Maybe you're too ugly." He teased.

My ego was hurt. "Not funny."

"Whatever. Can we stop talking about mates, please?" He begged.

"Fine. Dude, I think I wanna dump the Belle chick."

"It's Bella. I wonder how you land 'em females when you can't even remember their names."

I shuffled my feet smiling, he always knew how to lighten the mood. "Cole, thanks."

He must have knew what I meant because he replied, "Anytime, Greg."

At dinner, we all silently ate before the questions stormed in. My dad has always been an inquisitive person, it was annoying at times but as a family, we dealt with it.

"Greg, have you come across your mate yet?" He cut his steak and grumbled when a piece was too big.

"No." My answer was short but powerful.

"Sweetie, we know one day you'll have a good girl who can be a great Luna. Don't worry about it." My mother reassured. She's always been the glue of the family, no matter how hard times got.

"I know. It's just been almost 17 years..." My voice drifted off. This was such a touchy subject for me.

"You better find your mate before your birthday." Dad ordered. He's always so hard on me.

"It's hard for me too, Dad. Damn it!" I yelled and stormed off to my room. I could hear Mum's soothing whispers telling Dad it's ok.

The only thing is, it's not okay.

===========================

Ok guys, this is my first chapter of Unforeseen. Sorry it's boring, it's gonna get interesting soon and you'll get to know more characters. Feedback on my writing is more than welcome, I'm desperate for my works to be good enough one day.

Vote, Comment and Fan!