Chapter 9: Oh No! part 2

Chapter 9: Oh No! Part 2

"Lynn are you sure I look alright?" I asked for the hundredth time.

I know I promised Lynn I was going with her to swim but now that I stand here and look at myself in the long length mirror, I think maybe swimming isn't such a good idea. At least for me.

"Destiny, if you ask me that question one more time I swear that will be the last thing you will ever say." She threatened.

I gave her a sarcastic smirk. "Very funny, but seriously Lynn. I look like, I look fat! look at my baby bump. People will stare at me if I take my tank top off." I complained.

I placed my hand on my bump and turned to check my profile out. Standing here observing how I look in a two piece has me thinking if I should go back to my room and change into some swim shorts and an over sized shirt.

"You don't look fat. Believe me. If  anything that bump is making you glow. And so what if people stare? Are you ashamed of your daughter?" She asked as she walks up to me.

I let out a fustrated sigh and look down at  my growing belly and rub it smoothly. "Of course I'm not. I will ever be ashamed of her. I just don't want to be center of attention, you know with me being young and pregnant. I know people will stare and talk about me and I just want to have a good time."

I looked up at Lynn to find her looking at me with a thoughtful look.
"You may be young and pregnant but other people's thoughts and opinions shouldn't matter. You already know people talk, that's something mother nature can't even stop. Stop stressing your self out over this, it isn't good for you. Your just being paranoid."

I gave myself a once last look over. Maybe Lynn is right. Maybe I am being bit paranoid. Who cares what people say, they don't know my story or background. All that Matters is my daughter.

The sound of a horn honking made both me and Lynn gather our things and make our way out. I made sure to put on a hoodie and shorts before leaving. I can't just go walking around in just my bikini.

During the ride to the YMCA Lynn's mother decided to stop at Walmart to grab a few things before she dropped us off.

"Look Destiny, you should have bought this 17 weeks ago." Lynn laughed as she threw me a pack of Trojan condoms.

I widened my eyes and couldn't help but laugh with her. "That wasn't funny." I said as I put the box back where Lynn picked it up from.

We were going to make our way towards the aisle where Lynn's mother Barbara was at until a little girl ran into me hugging my leg for support. 

"Woh there." I said as I almost fell down in the process; if it wasn't for Lynn being behind me breaking me from my fall I would had fell on my butt.

"I'm sorry." An all to familiar little girls voice spoke.

"Next time watch were your going you little," Lynn began pointing her finger at the little girl girl infront of us.

"Lynn!" I cut her off before she could finish Her sentence.

She shot me an aggregated look. "Destiny you almost fell because of her. You could have got hurt."She said wih pure worriedness.

"I know, but I didn't fall, besides she's just a little girl. She didn't," I began to say.

"I remember you!" The same high pitch voice spoke, cutting me off.

I looked down at the little girl. And the minute I did and got a good look at her was when my mouth dropped. She's Cameron's little sister Alexandra.