Chapter Twenty

My head was spinning, I had black dots in my vision, my stomach felt like it was going to belch. My lungs only accepted very little oxygen, and my heart was pounding.

My bully, my tormentor, my tyrant, my oppressor, was biologically my sister. And my boyfriend, could I even call him that anymore?, he killed her and Alex who was her mate.

Werewolves, they're all werewolves. I grew up with werewolf parents and a werewolf brother. I grew up in werewolf schools. I grew up in a werewolf community, a pack.

But I was human, how could I be human if both of my parents were werewolves?

How were werewolves even possible? Since when did twilight become a reality? Since when was the only thing I knew about my life a complete and total lie?

I wanted to punch something, anything. I wanted to scream and shout at the top of my lungs. But I couldn't stand and I could barely breath.

My whole life was a lie, everything that I ever knew. It was all a lie.

I felt betrayed and broken. I had just found out that my family and everyone around me had been lying to me since the day I was born. I felt out of place, I didn't belong. I may have felt like an outside before, but now I knew that I actually was an outsider. I wasn't the same species as them. I didn't change into some beast, I only had two legs.

I was only human.

I heard people talking around me, they were talking about me and to me. But I blocked them all out. They had all lied to me. They had all kept me in the dark. They had all betrayed my trust.

I felt an arm on my shoulder, shaking me slightly. But I made no attempt to move or talk to them. I just stared into the distance, thinking, wondering what it would have been like if I had know the truth this whole time.

Would Ashley still have bullied me? Would I still want to die? Would I still have punished myself? Would my dad have punished me?

That last question pulled me out of my daze. "Did dad punish me because I wasn't a..." I paused, forcing myself not to say beast. "...Werewolf?"

BARBARA'S POV

The day of the car crash...

I sat at my office desk, I yawned. I knew I shouldn't have let Harold talk me into watching the whole Pirates of the Caribbean series in one night. I was typing up a client's paperwork when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I said, answering the call.

"Hello, is this Barbara Jackson?" A man's voice asked. "Wife of Harold Jackson?"

"Y-yes?" I stuttered, not knowing who this was or what was happening.

"Hi ma'am, this is officer Beaumon with the Stanley Police department. I am calling to inform you of a crash that happened around midday today. Ma'am I'm sorry to inform you that your husband, he was in this crash." The man said.

I gasped and my eyes filled with tears. "I-is my husband a-alright?" I asked the police officer.

"Yes ma'am, he has survived the crash and is being transported back down to a private Belmont hospital as per his request." The officer informed me before hanging up.

Tears escaped down my cheeks. I was relieved that he was okay, but at the same time I was scared and worried.

A few hours later.

I stood outside Naomi's hospital room, first my husband was in an accident and now my daughter was rushed into hospital because someone had slashed her face. My poor baby.

"Luna." The pack doctor said coming out of Naomi's hospital room. "Naomi is stable, we had stitched up laceration on her cheek. But when we checked her for any other wounds we found that she has many signs of physical abuse." He paused.

I gasped. "What are you implying?"

"Lua, is it possible that someone used physical punishments on Naomi?" Doc asked.

I stormed off not answering his question. I needed to talk to Harold. I rushed over to the other side of the hospital where they were treating Harold and I barged into his room.

"OUT!" I growled at the nurses.

They listened and left immediately.

"Barbara. Honey, I'm so glad to see you." Harold said.

"Don't 'Honey' me!" I growled. "Naomi's in hospital."

He looked shocked, but it wasn't genuine shock. "Is she ok? What happened?" He asked.

"What happened? Oh let me see... I get a call that you've been in a car accident, and when I go home to get Naomi to bring her to see you I find her in the fucking woodshed, her fucking face cut open and my baby barely alive."

"Oh, that silly girl probably tripped." Harold tried to tell me.

"Tripped? Like she tripped down those stairs all the time? Is that why the doctor said she has signs of physical abuse." I paused. "Harold, did you abuse my daughter?!" I went off at him.

His face went from concerned to something I've never seen before. "That stupid girl needed to be taught a lesson! She was such a selfish brat. I mean what kind of child cries constantly and needs that much attention?!"

"She's only a little girl Harold! How could you do this to her?!" I screamed at him.

"She's a fucking human Barbara! She doesn't deserve our attention! She needs to be punished. She need's to know that it's not okay what she did!"

"OH AND WHAT DID SHE FUCKING DO THAT WAS SO WRONG HAROLD?!"

"SHE WAS A FUCKING HUMAN, SHE WAS BORN INTO OUR FAMILY AS A HUMAN. DO YOU KNOW HOW WEAK THAT MAKES ME LOOK. THE ALPHA HAVING A HUMAN DAUGHTER!" He laughed as if the thought were despicable.

"SHE'S OUR DAUGHTER, HUMAN OR NOT, SHE WILL ALWAYS BE MY DAUGHTER. IT WASN'T HER FAULT THAT SHE WAS BORN HUMAN! HOW DARE YOU HURT MY BABY LIKE THIS. HOW DARE YOU BE SELFISH ENOUGH TO CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR FUCKING TITLE THAN YOUR FUCKING DAUGHTER!" I screamed at him. "I no longer recognize you anymore Harold. You are not the same man as when I first met you, you're suppose to be my mate."

"What are you saying Barbara?" Harold asked, as if daring me to say it.

"I, Barbara Eleanor Jackson, Luna of the Bloodrose Pack, hereby reject you, Harold Tate Jackson, as my mate." I said, with no emotions. "You are to never come near me or my kids again!" I said.

* * * * *  

Comment and Vote.