Chapter 3: Glad You Came

Tony's Point of View

I sighed tiredly as I walked up the stairs and unlocked the apartment door. I saw Reed and his fiance jump, looking like deer caught in headlights because I killed the mood.

"Shit-- Hey Tony...," Reed chuckles nervously and puts his glasses back on.

"How are you two love birds?" I asked, putting my camera bag away in the closet and look back at the pair.

"We just got back from picking cake flavors...,"  Reed's fiance,  Carter, mutters as he gets off of Reed. 

"Should've put a sock on the door," I said and shrugged, "Or you could move into the bedroom and I'll 'forget'."

"We'll make up for lost time later," Reed sighed and grabbed the remote. "Babe can you grab me a cookie?"

"Sure baby." Carter kisses Reed's hand and walks off into the kitchen.

"Save some cookies for me please? I'm going to a party tonight for Aurora's Segreto," I whined a little at the end.

"Sure!" Carter said as he came back from the kitchen.

I smiled and headed into my room. I log into Facebook quick on my desk top to see some funny videos and posts. I scroll until I see posts about Lucca and Nathan. They looked like they were doing great. Lucca posted new photos of his kids. I scroll and see a picture of Lucca and Alexis. I looked at Alexis' short blonde dyed hair, she still looked beautiful. I missed talking to Nathan, but I haven't talked to him in so long and I'm honestly a little embarrassed about it...

I remember how upset Nathan was when I decided to move away. So was Lucca, but he also stopped talking to me because I think he felt awkward about Alexis and assumed I hated him. When I moved to New York, Nathan and I talked a lot, but of course with time... not so much anymore. We just like each other's stuff at this point.

"I should really visit them one day," I told myself, "All I have to do is avoid Alexis like models avoid carbs..." 

I log off and look at my watch. I still had an hour or two before I had to get ready. Well I guess I could game... or watch Netflix.

💔

I shoot her a text that I was outside her door. She replies with a smiley emoji. 

"I should have just spent my night watching Netflix," I grumble to myself, "I need to catch up on my shows."

After playing with phone for a few minutes, I look up and see Poppy open the car door. She looked pretty in her short white dress and her hair with soft curls. She smiles and hugs me when she's finally settled into her seat. 

"Hey Antonio!" She smiles and hugs me. I awkwardly hug her back.

"Hi Poppy." I smile faintly and turn the keys, starting my car. "Are you excited for this party?" I continue as I start to drive off.

"Yeah!" She chirps, "I owe you one... Thank you for agreeing to go with me.... I wouldn't have gone if you didn't say 'Yes.'."

I smile as I glance at Poppy, "You're welcome."

I turn up the radio and continue driving. The car was filled with all the popular pop music and top hits. Mostly noise to me, I personally preferred my cumbia music or bachata, but haven't found a good radio station that offers that here in New York... I just recently started embracing my Latino-ness. 

It didn't take long to arrive at the party. I smile and escort Poppy out of the car while handing my keys to the valet. Once we got in, faint pop music could be heard; the models were dancing and looking like they were having fun.