C.1: Shadow marks the spot

Chapter One: Shadow marks the spot

PETER'S POV:
As I'm in my office, alone without Hannah or anyone, I check up on the profiles of the students of Mount Horizon. I've edited Erza's profile information, Mary Clinton's and Samuel Kendrick's which are both Cliffhanger students. I'm the leader of the Cliffhangers, 'The Outdoors' group which consist of twenty-one students. I'm now checking up on Shelby's profile which is in bold thick black letters reading 'Shelby Merrick profile information' in a yellow folder just like all the other Cliffhanger students.

NAME: Michelle / Shelby

MIDDLE NAME: Irene

LAST NAME: Merrick

BIRTHDATE: October 15, 1983

AGE: 16 (year: 1999)

ENROLMENT: October 21st, 1997 (Age 14)

BIRTHPLACE: Los Angeles, California

PARENT/S: Alice Blaine (mother) Andrew Merrick (father)
• Andrew Merrick is distant, no contact with the children or wife. Status: Divorced
• Ms Blaine in a relationship with C.Wilson who is the step-father.

GUARDIAN/S: Craig Wilson (step-father)

SIBLINGS: Jessica Merrick

HAIR COLOUR: Golden brown / Blonde

EYE COLOUR: Blue

HEIGHT: 157 cm

WEIGHT: 68kg

REASON FOR ENROLMENT: Childhood neglect, trouble relationships, might be suffering from BPD

HOUSE: Cliffhanger

TEACHER/S: Peter Scarbrow, Hannah Barnes

SHELBY ~~~~~~~~

It has been two years ago since mum enrolled me to Mount Horizon, a school for rejects, a school just for me. I'm in House Cliffhanger - where I get to do outdoorsy things for an non-outdoorsy person. My name is Shelby. Shelby Merrick and these counsellors think I have Borderline Personality Disorder. Which is bull because I do not have the disorder and these adults know that I don't have it! They love to guess what's wrong with me....Just like my mother.

Of course it wasn't my choice to go to Mount Horizon, mum had enough of me so she put me in here. Mum always quits when things get to hard. Everything is bearable even the outdoorsy activities Peter Scarbrow has planned for the Cliffhangers. Peter is my house teacher along with Hannah Banana. It's Juliette Why-Were-You-Born that's unbearable, she is a pain and a total Queenie. She is a bulimic with self body issues who cuts herself along the arms, she is the youngest, she is fifteen and eight months, she is diagnosed with depression. The only person I get along with is Kat, but everyone gets along with her. She's been here the longest I think? She was here when I was enrolled. She's two years above me making her eighteen turning nineteen at the end of year. Auggie over there, is completely addicted to anything sporty - your most likely to find him at the courts playing a game of basketball. He's seventeen making him the second oldest in Cliffhanger House. I'm sixteen the third oldest and then there's Erza. His the second youngest coming after Juliette, dude has it out for me — I'm not really the flattering type but Erza has had a serious crush on me ever since English class on the first week I was enrolled.