Surprise Judges

PART 6

I could have died right there and then. Standing in front of me was The Wanted. The guys that I had posters of all over my wall. The guys I listened to every night and spent hours watching on YouTube. My stomach fluttered. I had never imagined that I would even get through, let alone dance in front of them.

By this point, the other five girls that we didn’t know were screaming and jumping around, but we decided to act professional and treat them like we would each other. We were then put into pairs to dance our piece. Alice was first with Cassie, followed by Chloe and a girl called Caitlin, then two other girls we didn’t know called Hannah and Katie, then Lucy and a girl called Molly, and then me and a stuck-up looking girl called Vicki. She sneered at me when our names got called out, and stood as far away from me as possible. None of the other girls new her, so I suspected that she came alone or possibly from a stage school.

When we danced, I caught her looking at me to remember the routine, and I saw Jay whisper to Siva, so it was obvious that they had noticed too. Once we had finished, we had to stand in a line in alphabetical order, and wait for the boys to make their decisions. We waited for roughly five minutes before they stood up with a piece of paper each.