The Unknown

Riddick's POV
I looked around to see what my options were. I spotted a branch just a feet away immediately thinking I could work with killing this thing in a minute. "So you're the famous Richard B. Riddick." it said as smoke came out of it's body. It changed form again only this time it was a kid. Dark hair, blue eyes with a sliver of grey in them. Wearing a torn looking cloak. "What's it to ya kid?" I asked cautiously. "She predicted you would come, however no knew you brought uninvited guests. Nonetheless they'll end up dead one way or another." he said. I quirked my eyebrow, "Oh, and I'm guessing you'll kill them in that other form earlier." I inquired. "Nope my task is to make sure you are the Richard B. Riddick. Seeing your eyes, you are him. The names Enik by the way." Enik said. "How will they end up dead if you're not the one killing them?" I asked. Enik looked at me with sadistic eyes, very shocking coming from a kid who looks only 10. "Oh, did you think I was the only one on this planet? Pretty foolish don't you think?" He said. "Good to know I'm not in the crossfire, but I have to ask why should I trust you?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Very cautious aren't you? Nevertheless I can't harm you, however you are familiar with the concept of I strike at you, you'll strike at me?" He inquired. "Touchè kid." I added. Before we walked through the trees and he stopped for a second, "By the way I'm over 500 years old." He stated. I just gazed in wonder, questioning myself why look like a kid if you're that old? Then I realized he must be using a tactic, I mean if I'm this creature that has two forms and I want to lure my prey I'd choose the form that will draw them in. Smart. "You know she's drawn by you." He says. "Who?" I ask. "Don't tell me you've forgotten about her, she's gonna be pissed when she finds out. At least consider yourself lucky that she regressed herself to a childlike state and she's also in a way hibernating." He stated. "Oh the woman I've been dreaming about." I said. "But wait you said she's a kid now, she's been looking for me, and that I'm supposedly tied into what's going on now?" I inquired. "Wait, what about the stone, I mean it's pretty valuable and those mercs are gonna want to take it, I mean I would too if I didn't know that I was tangled in this mess." I declared. "Well that's where you're in for a surprise, it's not a stone. It's actually an egg, matter of fact that's where my lady will come from if she hasn't hatched." He says with a cheshire grin. "Hatched? I assumed she was human judging from the dreams I've been having." I replied. "Well she is like us except her other form is a little different than ours, given the fact that she is superior." He clarified. We walked for half the day and already it seemed it was getting dark. I wondered how far we were going to walk and I began questioning if he wasn't leading me to trap. I didn't let my guard down even if he said he wasn't going to attack me, but I kept my suspicions to myself.
Somewhere else
The mercs woke up realizing that Riddick escaped. Each split in groups of two to make the search more easier. Armed with their rifles they went looking for any clue. One group consisting of two burly men went to what looked like a forest or jungle with trees as high as skyscrapers. One checking in the front and the other checking the back in case for any surprise attacks when they heard rustling above and a sliver of a reptilian tail. More rustling in the bushes beside them, they assumed it could've been Riddick fucking with them before he killed them. They took their safeties off their guns and put their finger on the trigger. A long tail from the trees hung low inching near their heads. Two creatures just like Enik appeared calculating their moves to go for the kill. When a third joined the fray and hissed to lure them in for the kill. All three blended in their surroundings and got ready. The third one changed into the form of a little girl no older than 7. With hair as black as coal, eyes reddish brown, and clothed in nothing but a raggedy grey cloak. The two men turned when they heard a whimper and found her. Guns aimed at her ready to pull the trigger and two tails hanging grabbed them by their necks. One of the tails had sharp jagged edges and killed one immediately on contact. While the other choked the other merc slowly and the girl changed back in her other form and used her claws to disembowel him. Gunfire could be heard and the other groups approached. The three creatures immediately climbed up the trees and vanished without a trace. What the mercs found was grotesque and assumed that it was the work of Riddick. All but one, he was known as Ryker and he voiced his opinion. "This doesn't look like something Riddick would do. The lacerations in the neck are uneven if he had rope or wire to cause the damage it would look cleaner. Judging by the distance they were from each other they were attacked at the same time and if you look at our surroundings he couldn't have made a trap using the branches. We're not alone and you all know that Riddick likes to pick us off one by one if he's outnumbered. He can fight us all but his chances are higher if he can split us up. This looks like a creature's work but what kind?" He said. "We'll stay alert and we'll stay together." He added. The crew all nodded reluctantly but they were still uneasy. It was supposed to be a convenient way to get the stone, but now they weren't too sure.

Deep in the forest
A deep blue egg was resting near a lake and in a nest surrounded by rocks covered in moss. Faint cracking could be heard. The egg began hatching and a piece was broken out, in it you could see the faint color of a bright blue eye. A mix of a cry and hiss sounded out. All that was left was the hollow egg as a body crawled out and looked like a humanoid baby girl covered in blue goo. She turned around and opened her bright blue eyes.