Chapter Seventeen:The Truth Comes Out

Jax sighed as he sipped at his coffee, the days running together as it had been nearly five days since Eva had overdosed, his mind still grasping the fact that she was having his baby. He hadn't left her room since he found out the news, his mind somewhat at ease knowing that the baby was fully healthy.

Jax sipped his coffee, his eyes peering out over the dimly lit parking lot, a familiar black truck parked down the street. Jax had no doubt that Nero and Eva would connect one day, but first she needed to open her eyes.

Jax jerked around as he heard a small sound escape Eva's lips, the coffee going into the trash as he rushed to her side. "Baby? Eva—come back to me." He whispered as he gently ran his hand through her hair. He watched for several moments as she slowly started to come to, her eyes trying their hardest to flutter open.

The moment their eyes connected again Jax began to cry, his happiness to see her looking him an overwhelming moment. He kissed her hand and smiled down at her, speechless in the moment.

He called the nurses, waiting patiently as they checked Eva out, a smile never leaving his face as he heard her voice for the first time in almost a week. The nurses left a small cup of ice water before they left the room entirely, Jax trying to think of how to tell Eva the good news.

"J—ax. I'm s-o sorr-y." She whispered her mouth dry and her voice so soft it was almost like a whisper. He shook his head and kissed her lips, not wanting her to torture herself or feel any guilt for what had happened.

"Don't baby—it's okay. I am just so glad you are okay, baby. I almost lost you." He said a small tear escaping his eye as he held her hand in his. "There is something I need to tell you baby—something amazing." He continued, watching as Eva looked slightly nervous, her eyes still looking heavy as it was going to be a couple of days before she was her full self again.

"What?" She asked as she tried to weakly smile, Jax smiling back at her as he slipped into the bed. He pulled her into his arms and held her close, feeling almost humorous that he was telling Eva she was pregnant, since it was supposed to be the other way around.

"Here." He said holding out the sonogram to Eva, his brow furrowing as he heard a cry escaping her lips. "No, NO Eva, the baby is healthy. You didn't harm the baby—you had no idea you were pregnant. Let's just put this behind us baby. You are pregnant, when the Doctor said it could never happen" Jax said as he cupped her face, watching as regretful tears cascaded down her face.

"I love you, Jax." She whispered, Jax kissing her lips and pulling her in closer, everything in his life finally becoming so clear in that moment. It was on the tip of his tongue to mention Nero, but Jax knew that in due time fate would intervene.

                                                                              ***

                       THREE DAYS LATER

"How ya doin, honey?" Gemma asked as Eva stood up from the bed, her legs finally feeling normal again and like wet noodles.

"Foolish, or maybe a better word is like a huge dick. I was so stupid Gemma, and I could have killed my unborn baby— "Eva said, Gemma putting her hand on her mouth moments later. Eva smiled and hugged Gemma tightly, feeling lucky to have a woman like her on her side. Eva knew that she and Gemma had come so far since the beginning of it all.

"I love you, kid, and despite what I first thought of you, I think that you are going to make an amazing mommy." Gemma said as she kissed her cheek, Eva fighting back more tears as Jax came back into the room with the discharge papers.