14; anger

Freya felt uneasy eating her toast with the gun under her hoodie. Every time someone passed by behind her, her heartbeat quickened.

"So, Freya? Where are you guys from?" Murwah asked.

"Um," Freya glanced at Greg before looking back at her. "Charlottesville."

"Oh wow, jeez. That's pretty far. When did you move here?"

"A year ago," she replied, finishing her toast.

"Ah, okay," she smiled, warmly.

Freya watched her, skeptically. Even the faintest bit of normalcy appeared strange to her.

"You know, I used to have a friend who looked a lot like you," Murwah said, taking her plate.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What happened to her?" she asked, feeling obliged to ask.

"She passed," she said with her back facing Freya. "She was the sweetest girl."

"I'm sorry," Freya mumbled, drinking her water.

"It's okay. She wouldn't have liked this new world, I guess."

Freya frowned.

"She was human, too. Died from lung cancer before this broke out."

"Oh."

Freya was surprised. Tristan had made it clear that their kind found humans repulsive but Murwah didn't seem to think that way.

Jade walked into the kitchen, wearing leather tights and boots. Freya stayed silent but Greg openly glared at her.

"Take a picture, kid. It'll last longer."

Greg rolled his eyes and continued eating his egg.

Murwah passed Freya a plate with a bagel. "Try this, I made it myself."

"I'm full," Freya said, politely. "But thank you."

"You only had toast..."

Freya smiled, awkwardly and reached for it since she was insisting. "Haha, okay."

Suddenly, Jade stood up and snatched it from the plate and took a large bite from it. "Yum, Murwah. You're the best."

Murwah shook her head, pitifully.

"What the hell?" Freya said, standing up. "What is your problem?"

"What?" she said, simply.

She finished the bagel, looking at Freya in the eye while she did.

"You're pathetic, you know that?"

"No I didn't know that, thanks for the insight though, human."

"I didn't do anything to you."

"You can't human... I'd kill your weak ass if you tried."

"Jade-" Murwah whispered, not liking the tension.

Freya's face turned red in anger as Jade, looked back at her menacingly.

Instead of replying, Freya turned her head to see that Greg had finished his breakfast. "Greg, get up. We're leaving."

Jade smirked as the pair left the kitchen, with Murwah following them. "Freya, please don't leave so soon," Murwah said, sadly.

Tristan appeared in the corridor with Billy behind him. "What's going on?"

"We're leaving," Freya said, her voice hateful. And with that being said, slammed the front door behind her.

They hurried on to the pathway. Freya didn't care that she had no idea where she was. She didn't care that they still had her things. She just wanted out.

"Hey, hey," Tristan yelled, running behind them.

Greg looked behind, wondering why he was following them.

"Leave us alone," Freya yelled, not bothering to stop.

Tristan ran up to them and pulled her back by grabbing her arm but she shrugged his hand away. She stopped, turning around. "What?"

"Where are you going?"

"Why the hell do you care?"

Tristan clenched his jaw, never having been talked to like that.

"I don't-"

"Great. Then leave us alone. Go back to your wolves and your lavish safe house."

Tristan watched her in confusion, not understanding what she was so worked up about.

"Is this about last night? Because I didn't say you had to leave."

"No this isn't about last night."

"How will you get back to your house?"

Freya looked at him, "We'll manage."

"You don't even know where you are."

"Either kill us or let us leave."

Tristan was confused, staring at the pair of them. "You're going to die out there," he said.

Freya finally looked away from Tristan and chose not to say anything.

She pulled Greg's hand and walked away, hoping to God that he wouldn't follow them. After a few minutes of walking past houses and streets, Greg looked at his sister.

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to find somewhere else to stay, Greg. Until we have a clearer idea of what the hell is going on. We'll find somewhere empty."

"And the charms?"

"We'll paint them again."

"They'll work though, right?"

"Of course they will. That's all they were, weren't they? Symbols. We'll just make sure they're painted or drawn properly."

"Okay," he said, hesitantly.

They continued down the street, unaware that someone was watching them from one of the windows of the house they passed.

Hours later, Tristan pulled on his black coat and grabbed his keys to the jeep. "Where are you headed?" Billy asked as he watched him walk down the stairs.

"You know where."

Billy nodded.

"Where is Jade?"

"Outside by the car."

"Alright, everything's on you now. Take care of this place," Tristan said before closing the front door behind him.

Tristan tossed the keys in the air and Jade caught them with her right hand. "Let's go," he said, opening the door to the passenger seat.

The coven was well aware that Tristan, the Alpha of the Maryland pack was on his way to see them. A tall woman, with black curls that reached her lower back stood up in her black strappy heels. She ran her hand down her long plum skirt, smoothing it out and looked out of her window.

She watched the black car approach and come to a stop. Tristan climbed out of the car, followed by Jade.

"Madame' Cordelia," Tristan said in greeting.

"Alpha Tristan," she said with a heavy accent.

"We've come to talk to you about," he said, pausing as he took the journal wrapped in navy velvet from Jade. "This."

He unwrapped it and held it up in the air for the witch to see.

Cordelia nodded, "Why don't you come in for some tea, Alpha?"