1

~For being the best friend ever, and giving me the courage to put this up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up at 10:25 in the morning thinking about Chris. He'd only left last weekend, and I was already missing him. Thing is he hadn't broken up with me so we'd be doing this long distance realtionship kind of thing.

After getting out of bed and doing my morning routine, I threw my hair up into a bun then took a look in the mirror. My golden complection perfectly matched my long,brown almost black hair. Moving around my large room, I made my way to the walk-in closet. After rummaging around for like thirty minutes, I finally decided on light blue skinny jeans, an off the shoulder pink top, and my favorite sandals. I had to get out of the house. It was way too beautiful out to stay in.

I walked out of my room then turned left., making my way to the stairs. Then I walked to the second floor where the master bedroom was. Trying my best to walk in quietly, I opened the huge door. Mom was sitting up on the phone talking about business I think.

"Morning Mom." I said cheerfully.

"Good Morning Sweetie."

"I'm going out today."

"Make sure you have your keys." She nagged.

"I do Mom." I assured her and made my way toward the stairs again, this time grabbing an orange and my lip gloss. As I was walking down the corner of West 54th, I saw Jarel. He was Chris's best friend, but we couldn't get along. He was the main reason Chris and I had gotten into so many arguments.

tried my best to avoiod him with no prevail.He called me over to where he was. I went. He gives me the phone he had in his hand.

"Hello?" I said confused. Why would he want me to talk to his friend?

"Princess?" Only one person called me that...and that person was Chris. Yeah, I know it's pretty corny but it means a lot to me.

"H...hello, Chris?"

"Hi, how've you been?

"Terrible!...you didn't call me all week. How was your flight?" I said barely pausing for a breath. He lets out a light hearted chuckle.

"Breathe Alayna...I'm sorry for not calling you.There was a mix-up with my phone at the airport and I just got it back."

"And the first person you called was Jarel?!" I said being more dramatic than necessary.

"Alayna." He says in his warning voice, usually that would stop me...not today though. I was ready to challenge him.

"I'm your gilfriend, I was worried sick. Do you see how early it is? I haven't been sleeping when I need to because I was too busy thinking about you since you left!"

"If it will make you feel better, hang up. I'll call your phone." He says trying to calm me down.

"Chris, I don't want you to call me...I want you to come back."

"You know I can't Layna." He said highly aware of my sensitivity towards the subject.

"How come you didn't just break up with me....instead of putting me through all this?

"I couldn't...Alayna you know that.You know how I feel about you."

"No I don't actually."

"Alayna." He said in a soft musical voice.

"Tell me how you feel about me." I challenged.

"I love you Layna, and if I could come back to you I would. You have NO idea what I'd do to hold you right now." LOVE? Did he just say he loved me? That's a strong word, one that I couldn't return. Instead I told him to call me everyday and said good bye.