Chapter 3

A/N I've decided to change my updating schedule, I now update this story on Mondays instead of Tuesdays.

Starting question:
Favourite animal?

~•~

'Mate'

The one word that ran through my head. Mate. Short for soul mate. He was here, we stared at each other taking in our looks, our appearance. His tan skin was spread out over broad muscle, taught and smooth looking under his cream coloured shirt. His eyes dark, black swirls that stared into my soul, his hair was just as dark. Short choppy locks fanned over his forehead. My eyes trailed down this Adonis of a man, stoping at his plump, kissable looking lips. My wolf was prancing in my head, proud of the strong look of power our male had. I could feel her trying to push me forward as I watched this male rake his eyes over me.

Every curve of him, from his strong jawline to the curves hidden behind his shirt, itched for me to touch, I wanted nothing more than to feel my hands trail down the smooth skin that laid hidden. I came back when I felt the eyes of everyone on the two of us, especially the eyes of the girl whom was standing beside me, shocked. Never once though did my eyes leave his body, I wanted to know his name, I wanted to run to him, latch my self around him, soaking in his scent. A slow growl rippled through the air, making my breath hitch, as I watch him take a step towards my rooted figure.

His pace quickened as his eyes darkened, coming in closer I got a good whiff of his scent. It was fresh, and cool. Like when you take in a breath of cold winter air After it snowed, the hint of pine hit my nose as well sending my wolf into a craze, she wanted this male to take us, he had proven more than worthy in her eyes.  His nostrils flared slightly the closer he got, I could only imagine he was taking in my scent as well.  I watched as he neared and I could see his true height. He had to have been of good foot taller than I and it was attractive, everything about him screamed dominate.

Shock quickly pulled me out of my love struck puppy faze, the harsh push of reality slowly setting in along with the push of his shoulder as his pushed past me. Leaving me behind him, as he stormed out of the dinning hall. My wolf whimpered, crying out for her male. I was confused, as was the girl to my right apparently as she let out a growl.  "That. Was my brother." Holland tells me, obviously now pissed at his attitude. I was slowly coming out of my confused state and hurt started to cloud my vision. Did he not want us? Were we not worthy enough for his wolf? For him?

I watched as Holland took hold of my arm, looking over at her I see Rose too was giving me a sympathetic look. I felt belittled, everyone was staring at me, some with looks of shock, some looks of happiness and others with looks of disgust; as if their alpha didn't approve, neither did they.  I felt a tug on my arm as Holland gave me a small smile, "how about we grab some food and take it back to your room and talk. I think I need to explain a few things.." her voice was soft and small, she was being cautious making sure I would break under the sound of her voice alone. Nodding my head I follow her as Rose walks behind me hovering over protectively as she gave looks of displease to the pack members whom were out right staring. 

My face was void of emotion as if trying to grasp what was happening, my father always told me how the mate pull was. How strong feelings of emotion push you forward and being with that person feels like you were finally living. I however felt nothing, my wolf had shut off I could feel her closing off upset that her mate deemed her unworthy. Most mates want to claim each other the moment they meet, showing that they were taken, and happily so.  I watched as Holland passed me a plate, and grabbed one for her self before going down the table that had the food laid out. I silently walked behind her not feeling like eating. The pull to go after our mate was stronger than the need to eat.  My eyes glance at the open doors of the dinning area, almost hoping he would come back in to wrap me up in his embrace.