Head over heels (girlxgirl) 2

Had Tina sitten there the whole break?

While she sat down, she could feel Tina watching her. Emma looked up, and met her gaze. She had a strange look, which made Emma think if she maybe said something in her dream. It wouldn’t be the first time. Her mum used to make fun of her, whenever Emma said something in her sleep. She felt weird, - like always, when Tina watched her, so she quickly broke the eyecontact and looked down while her heart gallopped in her chest.

Tina didn’t have to say what to do, they continued with there work-sheet from the day before. Emma couldn’t concentrate at all; she still felt Tinas gaze on her, not daring to meet her eye. She had a tendency to get lost in her eyes, and had to struggle with herself to stop staring at her. So she wasn’t going to start to look at her. Emmas hands started shaking and she had a hard time breathing. She laid down her pencil and closed her eyes, while she grapped the edge of her desk, squeezing hard. She concentrated on her breathing. Emma had no self-control and gathered the courage to meet her eyes and opened them. In the first moment, she had to catch her breath whilst they stared in each others eyes. Lost in her thoughts, Tina did not react, as if she didn’t realize that Emma met her stare. Emma found Tinas non-reacting quite funny and a huge smile appeared on her lips, breaking their gaze. Confused Tina shook her head as if to clear her thoughts and turned her attention towards her notes.

Now it was Emmas turn to watch Tina. She couldn’t stop, eventhough she told herself that it wasn’t funny nor interessting to watch her all the time. Except that it was. Her dream came in her mind, and she sighed to herself. If she only knew. Suddenly Tina looked up and straight into Emmas eyes with a smile. Emma, getting all embarrassed - quickly looked down, as she felt the blood rush to her face. Time was slowing down, - it seemed but when the lesson finally was over, Emma rested her head on her desk, feeling really tired.

She didn’t even notice that all the other students already had left the classroom, when she saw a pair of shoes she recognized in the corner of her eye. Knowing who it was, she forced herself to lift the head, but being with Tina in one room was out of the question, as she made Emma feel weak and vulnerable. Nevertheless she tried to look as if it didn’t bother her and looked at Tina who watched her with an amusing twinkle in her eye. “You.. talk in your sleep, you know that?” A smile appeared on her face. Tina wanted to say something intelligent, but she couldn’t really focus when Tina was so near. Wonder what she had said? “ I do?” She finally was able to say. ”Yeah, you do.” She hesitated for a moment before she continued. ”You spoke a little .. blurry, but I caught you saying my name.” Emma, quick, find something to say, because saying; ‘well, I am in love with you and I dream about you pretty often’, is a stupid thing to say. She could sense that Tina waited for an answer, when she got an idea and sent Tina a crooked smile. “Well, you might think I’m a liar, but my mum’s name is also Tina.” She breathed a sigh of relief. Why didn’t she say it earlier? ”Oh, right” Tina smiled. “She thinks it’s pretty cool that you share the same name,” Emma added, while she weakly shook her head and breathed in deeply. “My mother.., well I think you know what I mean.. mothers.. they are.. sometimes.. Sometimes they are..” Emma closed her mouth. Emma! Shut up, you’re babbling! Why did words seem to slip away, when she was talking to Tina?

Tina laughed gently and made Emma blush. “And I thought you were dreaming about me” Tina carried on and smiled wryly to Emma and twinkled her eye. Emma beamed back at her and felt a childish joy over that smile Tina sent her. Emma was thrilled over her comment though.

”See you, Emma," she said. Omg, how her name just sounded perfect when Tina said it! Tina returned to her desk, while Emma started stuffing her books in her bag. Eventhough she loved every second she spent with Tina, it was always kinda awkward to be so close to her. On her way out the door, she gave Tina a slight nod and hurried to her bike that was across the schoolyard. She looked at her wristwatch, - oh no, she was going to be so late. And to make everything worse, she realized she forgot her jacket in the classroom. Emma weighed her options; she could leave it to be stolen or go get it. She was already too late, so she figured a few minutes later wouldn’t make much difference. She turned and headed back for class.