Chapter 12

AN: I'm dedicating this chapter to watttyyysssobssessed so this person can finally stop day dreaming about the possible scenarios 24/7 that shit ain't healthy. Hahaha jk

--

Abby was still giddy even after two hours since she and Alex separated. After their kiss, she blushed when she remembered it again, they stayed together and walked around for a bit. They spoke of anything they could think of. They did need to separate later, no matter how much they may not want to because Abby was tasked to pick up her brother from his friend's house.

When Abby got to the house of her brother's friend, his sister who was around Abby's age and was also a friend of Abby, asked her to stay for a while and chat. So she stayed for another two hours here, which is why she and her brother are only walking home now.

They were a couple of blocks away from their home when they saw a familiar car surrounded by Police cars. Abby was going to steer her brother away and just walk home when her curious brother ran into the fray, she followed him and she was not ready for what she saw.

Her Dad was on the ground, a police officer on top of him putting handcuffs around his hands that were pulled back. The other police officers had their guns drawn and was pointed on their father. Her brother screamed and tried to go to their father, one of the cops caught a hold of him and asked the bystanders whose child was he.

When their father raised his head, he saw both his children watching him, he stared at her daughter and shook his head, his eyes watery. As if saying, 'take your brother and get out of here'. Abby had tears running down her cheeks, she gulped trying to get rid of the lump that formed in her throat and nodded. She grabbed her brother and ran to their home, as fast as both their legs could carry them.

When she told her mom what happened, their mom literally collapsed in front of them and cried. A few minutes later cops came to their home and told them their father was a suspect of stealing millions of dollars from his work place.

Two weeks later they were in court. Abby's dad seated beside the Defense Attorney. Abby did not look at her father though because she was too busy staring in utter shock at Alex, sitting on the witness stand.

The prosecuting attorney asked Alex to narrate what she saw the day the money went missing. "It was around four in the afternoon, I was going to go visit my dad at his office because it's what I've always done. I just got off the elevator on my dad's floor, I saw David Morgan leaving my dad's office with a suitcase with him. He didn't see me though because he took the stairs to get down, not the elevator I used. When I got inside my dad's office, my dad was not there and the safe was open, there were just a few books left inside" Alex answered robotically, no emotions were shown.

Abby could not believe what she was hearing. This was a lie, she knows it was a lie. And who is this person? Surely it's not their Alex, she wouldn't do something as terrible as this. The prosecutor asked a few more questions to Alex, and Alex answered them all stoically.

After the trial, Abby told her mom she won't go home with her and that she will come home on her own later. Their dad was refused to be out on bail because apparently the prosecuting attorney told the judge that her dad was mostly likely going to leave the country if he were granted bail, the judge agreed. So her dad will be detained throughout the trial period. She'd cried inside the courthouse, for her dad, and for Alex's betrayal.

Outside the courthouse, Abby waited for Alex to come out, when she saw her. She went over to her and slapped her cheek with everything she had. The prosecutor held Abby away from Alex after that and was going to ask the security to drag her away, Alex, surprisingly stopped them and requested to be left alone with Abby.