Chapter Twenty-Two (Harry Styles)

It's funny how quickly everything changes...

It's funny how one minute, everything is fine... Everyone is giggles and sunshine.... But then those giggles fade, and the harsh reality that is life hits you full blast. 

I guess I should start from the beginning. 

Niall didn't call me that night, nor the night after that... It was strange, but at the time... I just thought that he was playing hard to get... He didn't want to be the one to admit he needed me. 

So I let it slide... I didn't think anything of it...

Well that was until a week had passed, and there still wasn't any sign of Niall. 

That's when I finally went after him, keeping my promise, that way he couldn't accuse me of breaking yet another thing. 

When I arrived at Niall's flat, Liam was there, and he looked rather surprise to see me.

"Harry? What are you doing here?"

"Is Niall here?" 

"No... I thought he was staying with you." LIam opened the door completely, and I stepped inside.

"I haven't seen him all week. Last time I talked to him he was coming here." 

"And he did... He came home to let me know he was staying with you for the week...." I shook my head, dread filling my entire being. 

"He never showed up if that was what he was doing..."

"If he's not here... then where is he?" 

"I... I don't know. You say the last time you saw him was last week?"

"Yeah... He came for clothes and stuff. Maybe he's at Zayn's."

"I'm sorry... But who's Zayn again? I swear that name is familiar." Liam rolled his eyes at me, shaking his head.

"You introduced us to him Harry, but he's the guy from the tattoo shop."

"Oh! Yeah... I remember now, but that's not important. Call him?"

"Okay..." Liam grabbed his phone, ringing up Zayn. I just stood there, biting at my nails as the nerves ran through my body at full speed. 

I was beyond worried...

It wasn't like Niall to just disappear like this...

"Zayn hasn't seen him." 

"Dammit... Where is he Liam?!" 

"I dunno... Maybe you should check his room, see if he left something? I'm gonna call the club and see if he's there... This isn't the first time." 

"It isn't?"

"No... Niall has a tendency of just... Disappearing... He used to do it, then come back telling me about he went looking for you. You messed him up bad Harry."

"I know I did, but you know he wasn't the only one."

"You're entire relationship is fucked up." 

"I know it is... but the thing is, it wasn't always this way. I can fix it Liam... He just has to give me a chance." I moved to go to Niall's room, but Liam grabbed my arm.

"I don't think there's anyway you can fix Niall... He's so goddamn broken... I don't understand why you're still trying." 

"Because, the only thing worse than a broken Niall, is giving up on him. I love him Liam, and that's just it. I love him... Broken pieces and all. I won't give up on him... As long as he doesn't give up on me."