The one who almost got away

Thanks a million to Believe96 for the awesome cover!!!!

The one who almost got away

I walked into the kitchen and there she was, Savannah. She was the most beatifulest girl I have ever seen. I have been in love with her since I was 12, but could never tell her because of Conner. My best friend and her brother. We have been neighbors for 10 years now, but I only met her 3 years after they moved here. Savannah was very shy and never came out to play with us. The only reason I met her back then was because my parents went away for a weekend unplanned and I had to stay at their house. When I walked into the living room and saw her I was bowled over. She is like an angel with her brown hair that looks like silk and reaches her middle, the bluest eyes know to man and curves that drives me insane. But the best part of her is her personality; she is intelligent, funny and has a heart of gold. Through the year she has lost some of her shyness, but still doesn’t realize how gorgeous she is.

“Hello Angel, how are you this fine morning?” I asked her when she saw me standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

“Fine, thank you and you Logan?” she asked me shyly looking through her eye lashes.

“Fabulous now that I have seen you gorgeous face.” I said to her while getting lost in her beauty.

“Logan you ever not flirt with a girl?” she asked looking me straight in the eyes.

Before I could answer I felt someone slap me up the head.

“Hey man, what was that for?” I asked Conner while glaring at him and rubbing my head.

“Stop flirting with my sister!” he accused me with a hard gaze.

“You know what Conner, I am not a little girl and stand up for myself!” Savannah screamed at Conner and ran upstairs.

“See what you have done now. Savannah wait!” Conner said and made his way to go after her.

“Conner leave her. Let her cool off first and secondly she is right.” I stated calmly.

“What do you mean?” he questioned me.

“Well she isn’t a little girl anymore, let her be.” I said matter of fact.

“Listen Logan you don’t have a sister so you don’t know how it feels to be worried of guys taking advantage of her. You have never had one decent relationship in your life and I don’t want guys to mess with her like me and you mess with other girls.” Conner argued his case. In a way I was glad that he didn’t let guys get near her, because I wouldn’t be able to handle another guy all over her. But it was a bummer as well since I didn’t have a shot with her because of that fact. I looked at him in anger.

“Conner I don’t want any guy near her like that and I haven’t had one relationship because the girl I love isn’t available!” I hissed at him in full rage.

“Wow man easy there. What girl? This is the first time you have said anything about this.” He asked in concern.

“Yeah well I don’t like to show my feelings, I’m not good at that. And it doesn’t matter who she is, she isn’t available so what’s the point?” I answered.

“What is the problem, has she got a boyfriend?” he tried again.

“No she hasn’t got a boyfriend, but an over protective brother. I have been in love with her for 7 years now. Trust me I have tried to forget her, hence the way I go through girls, but nobody can keep up with her. Every girl I have ever been with has never made me feel the way she makes me feel with just a look!” I tried to explain to him. Maybe I could confess to him that the girl was indeed Savannah, maybe he will understand and let me be with her.