Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The guard exits with the familiar gangly-looking man I saw earlier. The man stumbles around, hardly able to walk on his own two feet.

"Get up, you piece of work!" The man growls roughly grabbing the man's arms shoving him ahead. "I don't want to be here all day."

Both of them walk past us heading to a destination unbeknownst to us. I look at Aleks and his eyes meet mine. We both nod at each other. Time for Plan B.

Silently, we stalk the two down the corridor and we make so many twists and turns I worry we won't be able to find our way back.

Eventually, we reach what we think is the man's room since the guard kind of roughly shoves him inside. Swiftly, I jam my foot in the doorframe holding in a pained squeak at the guards door slamming skills and Aleks karate-chops the back of the guard's neck and grips a few pressure points to knock him out. We'll have to do this fast. We quickly drag the guard into the room much to the gangly man's muggy surprise.

"W-who are you?" He asks his words slurring together.

As I slowly set the guard down Aleks rushes in and slams the man against the wall, holding him only by the collar. He whispers a few words in an ancient tongue and the man's slow struggles suddenly stop.

Aleks sets the drugged man down and turns to me, "Adrianna, we only have a couple minutes." With that invitation I rush the man, "What does Project X have to do with me?" The man doesn't even respond when his head violently hits the wall in my assault.

"Adri, calm down. He can only respond to very specific yes or no questions. The guard took too long bringing him back here, this is the best I could do.

Growling, I face the man again. "Does this project have something to do with Adrianna?"

"Yes." The man grumbles his head lolling to the side.

"Does it have something to do with her parents?" I ask.

"No." he responds clearly. I look at Aleks in confusion and he takes over.

"Does Project X have something to do with Leal Osiris?"

"Yes." the man answers and I look up at him in surprise. Leal? My head snaps to Aleks. What exactly does he know?

Aleks just looks straight ahead. "Does this have something to do with The Ancient Parasitical Royal Family?"

Ancient parasitical family? Royal? Leal?! My mind starts to muddle over, just as this man's already has.

"Yes."

Aleks shoots another question before I can cut in. Quite angrily, I might add. His mouth moves but he hesitates. "Is Leal the Missing Prince of that royal family?"

All of a sudden the man starts dry heaving and his mouth foams. I cover my mouth in horror as Aleks rushes in and speaks a few more whispered words and the man falls asleep. "He shouldn't remember anything."

My shock turns to fury as I round on Aleks. "What have you been keeping from me?!" I demand in a low tone. He ignores me and turns to the guard once again whispering a few words before shuddering and collapsing a bit.

"Adrianna, throw him outside, I've implanted a fake memory."

I cross my arms and stand there looking down at Aleks weakened figure. "What have you been keeping from me?!" I say again in concealed fury. Aleks only looks away.

"Aleks..." I say again in a warning tone. He rubs his face tiredly and speaks, "Fine, I'll tell you. Just get rid of him."

I stare at him a moment before abiding to what he says. The man is quite heavy but I manage to swiftly throw him outside the window.