Home

Wrote this once again for a competition hosted by the lovely LizMarielyVega. My guidelines were: Topic- A Place to Belong. Writing Prompts- nature, confusion, love. 

"Home isn't a house, or a place. Home is where the people who love are. Home is love. Home is him."

"C'mon on just a little farther." He chuckled in my ear.

"Harry, you said that 10 minutes ago."

"Yes, but I swear we're almost there now."

"Can I at least take this blindfold off? It's very childish and quite annoying." I tugged at his red bandanna that was now covering my eyes.

"No way! That would ruin the whole purpose of it! It's a surprise, darling." He whispered into my ear, lingering for a few moments longer than necessary.

"Alright, alright. Fine, I'll keep it on. You're such a pest." I teased as he chuckled slightly beside me.

Harry's hand was resting on my lower back, guiding me to who knows where. I heard grass and leaves crunch beneath my feet. It was silent, peaceful. The only sound coming from our feet and Harry's slight breathing beside me. I smiled slightly, at the thought of him.

Harry. My boyfriend of almost 5 years. It seemed surreal. These past couple of years had gone by so quickly. I felt as if we had only just started dating, but yet it also felt like we had been together for ages. He knew everything about me, from simple things like my favorite foods, to things as important as my deepest secrets. He had somehow weaseled his into my life, and now he was the center of it.

Harry slowed down to a halt, and I quickly did so as well. He enclosed my hand in his and began to rub circles into my skin. I smiled at his touch.

"Aren't you going to remove my blindfold now?" I teased. He let out a nervous laugh. I could imagine him running his spare hand running through his hair, as he so often did in times of fear. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" He breathed out. I squeezed his hand.

"Please take this goddamn blindfold off me. It's so very annoying." I grinned as he chuckled. His hand left mine and began to untie the blindfold, but he stopped before it completely came off.

"Ready, love?" He whispered. I nodded excitedly. He then quickly pulled the blindfold from my eyes, revealing a grassy clearing with a small picnic basket and blanket laid on the ground. I quickly turned towards him and threw my hands around his neck, enclosing him in a large hug.

"Thank you." I whispered in his ear, grinning. He soon responded to the hug and held me close for a few moments before breaking apart.

"C'mon, let's eat. I'm starving." He grinned. I began to laugh instantly and followed him to the checkered blanket.

We spent what must've been hours sitting and talking, eating, and recalling the past.

"Do you remember the day we met?" I smiled towards him before picking up my sandwich and taking a bite. His green eyes glanced up at me, and I could clearly remember the first time I ever laid my own eyes upon them.

"Yes." He smiled shyly. "You were wearing that silly blanket sweater."

"It was not silly! And it was not a blanket! I loved that sweater. I'm still upset I had to throw it away, such a waste." He broke into laughter next to me.

"It was very ugly. And I'm quite glad it got destroyed in the wash." He smiled at the ground. "And I remember you were sitting alone at the table, looking very cute might I add. Well, besides that ghastly looking sweater." I punched him lightly on the arm, and he began to laugh again. "And I couldn't just leave you sitting there alone. I had to go and say something, anything. I couldn't help myself. I had to talk to you. At least once." He smiled to himself. "And of course I knew you were a looker, but as soon as I actually spoke to you and we had a conversation, I realized just how attractive you truly were. You were so very beautiful." I reached my hand over and touched his face gently, planting a small kiss on his lips.