Delusions

Hey people! I have managed to take this time out from my studies [okay, i lied, I was procrastinating. Business Studies suxx!] and have got this upload for you peple to read!

Song for the Chapter:

- Apocalyptica - Delusion

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When Vivienne came back, she found it hard to contain her shock and complete bewilderment, when her husband came through the doorway behind her [after being told all of the events to date, of course]. He too, found it hard not to respond.

The woman was on the floor. Sitting cross-legged. Gloves long forgotten on the table. Plaiting little Emma's hair while she played innocently.

"Vivienne, you can come in you know. I don't bite. I'd stand up, but I haven't finished yet. Have I Emma?" the woman said, without looking up. She then started cooing over the youngster in her lap.

Vivienne and her husband - a brawny, tall beast of a man - both sat down in the chairs at the table, while they waited for...well, anything, they didn't know what to do with themselves, since one of the most feared people was sitting on their living room floor, plaiting their youngest daughter's hair. It was understandable.

When she finished, the bane of the town lifted the giggling, and evidently ticklish child, off her lap, then sat down opposite the proud parents at the table.

"She's a lovely girl," she said.

Vivienne smiled, it was a guarded smile. She was a proud mother who had no idea what interest this dangerous woman had in her young, innocent child. Her husband, whose name was Grant, just grunted.

"We know," he said. "What do you want?"

The woman could help it. She laughed heartily. The couple looked confused, and little Emma looked up from her playing, to ponder about this strange woman's stranger laughter.

"Vivienne, you've picked a brilliant man! Straight to the point. That's good. Well, since you asked ever so politely... " she smiled, and couldn't help but smile wider at the worry clear in their eyes. She may be a little sadistic, but when she'd seen, and done what she had...who could blame her?

"What I mean to say, " the woman continued, "is that I need, Grant, your resources."

At their confused faces, she paused. How could she word this?

"Grant, you work in a garage don't you?" she asked, politely.

"Yes," he sighed, not even bothering to ask how she knew. It would make no difference. She was the unofficial, but clear 'ruler' of this little place. Even if her visits were infrequent.

"Then you will have no trouble fixing up a car or two for me, will you?" she asked.

"I won't have any trouble at all. But why ask me, when there are thousands of people who have more money, more equipment, and more expertise than me?" Grant asked.

Good, he was shrewd, the woman thought. An admirable quality when he was going to inevitably do what she asked of him.

She leaned forward in her chair.

"Because Grant, you have the brains to do what I ask, ask no questions, and not think anything of the legalities and the price. You won't rush the job. You know better than that. Besides, I will pay for all the equipment you need. All you need to do, is ask. Besides, you're lying, you have the talent, the brains, the absolute love of your job." the woman said.